Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Chat in the Ask The Experts forums; I clicked on chat like the email reminder said and I get a chat screen with a red x in the corner. How can I fix it so I can ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Arrow Chat

I clicked on chat like the email reminder said and I get a chat screen with a red x in the corner. How can I fix it so I can chat tonight too?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    It sounds like Java is not installed on your computer (and don't worry... it's not until tomorrow anyway)

What type of computer are you using (PC or MAC) and what operating system and browser?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I use Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6. We've been switching shifts at work and I thought it was tonight.

Thanks, java wasn't installed. It's working now but nobody is online to chat. I hope I don't bother anyone with posting so much but I am so excited about my trip (it's my son's and my mom's first time there) and I want to make the trip so magical. My mom was diagnosed with cancer and was given 8 months to live which was up in January of 2000. She was down to 60 lbs and was on a pain pump (dilaudid) and she had nurses come to see her 3 times a day. She was annointed for death 5 times. She didn't know she was in the world for a long time and she woke up one day and said she was hungry (up to that point, she could only eat applesauce and baby food) and she has been going great since. She fought her way back (with some bumps along the way) but she's back to a normal weight and now her cancer is in remission). She always wanted to go to Florida but never went. When I was buying our tickets to Disney, I bought her plane ticket too. She's excited. (I'm giving her luggage for Christmas). We're really close and I think she deserves this trip. It's the least she deserves... she deserves so much more. I often call her cinderella because she listens to my grandmother gripe and complain all the time and she's constantly cleaning... I want this to be so magical for her that I want to know everything we should do to make this so special for her and my son. I want it to be an amazing trip - one that none of us will ever forget (in a good way though) and I think this board will be able to help with that. So if I'm annoying anyone by posting too much, I'll stop, just please let me know.

Enough for now.... your disney friend, Sonya

I;m a member of another disney group and created an email address for that group. I didn't check my email in 3 weeks and had over 5000 emails. YUCK!! I love this board. It's so helpful and why go elsewhere when I can get the information here. This board is AWESOME!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Smile

Sonya,Happy you got the java to work - I stopped in (didn't want you to be there all by yourself) about 5 miuntes after you posted - guess I just missed you!

Second, please don't ever feel the need to worry abot how much you post!!! That's what this site is for!! There's no such thing as posting too much here! We're all friends and love to chat and help each other out. If you ever need anything, you know just to ask!

Thank you for sharing the story about your mother, and congratulations to her for fighting back and tackling cancer (my father is a cancer survivor as well). Your trip will truly be "magicl", celebrating the miracle that she has endured. I wish only the best for you and your entire family.

I know I speak for everyone here that if there is anything we can do to help plan your trip to make it all the mor special, please let us know!!

And I'd also like to personally thank you for the kind words about the site. I continue to work hard to make this site not just a valuable (and fun) resource, but a very friendly community - and I have our great members like you to thank for that!! I want everyone here to enjoy themselves and know that this is a place they can call "home". And like I say, if you like what you see here, please tell others about it! Together, we can help the site grow!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42