Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss To be called a CM in the Ask The Experts forums; Does this extend to merely the borders of the park? I was poking around on HiddenMickeys.org, and somewhere it said something to the effect of "Everyone, from Eisner to janitors ...
    Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder

To be called a CM

Does this extend to merely the borders of the park? I was poking around on HiddenMickeys.org, and somewhere it said something to the effect of "Everyone, from Eisner to janitors are considered 'cast members.'" So...if I went and snagged a job at the Disney Store in my local mall, would that make me a long-distance CM?

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    It used to - but I believe now that the Disney Stores are not owned by Disney, that has changed. The stores are now owned by The Children's Place.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Aww that stinks. Anyway- I guess you could call Disney store employees Cast Members- once removed.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    My sister's mother in law is a manager at a Disney store & says that they are no longer CM's. She gets some benefits since she is a manager, but the regular employees don't get nearly as many. She says that some of them still refer to themselves as CM's, but they're not official.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

What kind of benefits? Store discounts? I really want to work there as my first job.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I would think that since they were at one time CMs, they would have recieved the traditional CM benefits; free entry to parks, admittance to Property Control, etc. However, now all I imagine they would get is a discount at the Disney Store...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Free admittance?! Just- free?! *faints*

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Well, free on most days. The blackout days are major holidays (such as July 4th, Christmas, and New Years). Oh, and there's no free admittance to any 'hard ticket' event - but otherwise, it's free!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.