Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Epcot History Help Please in the Ask The Experts forums; I am arguing with a friend....I remember that Mobile was the sponsor of The Universe of Energy when I took my children there in he 80s. My buddy said that ...
    Gvizier is offline A-Ticket holder

Epcot History Help Please

I am arguing with a friend....I remember that Mobile was the sponsor of The Universe of Energy when I took my children there in he 80s. My buddy said that Exxon was the sponsor and that Mobile never was. Please help me settle this argument...thanks..Gvizier@aol.com...Please send your responses to this email address...gvizier@aol.com

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    The Universe of Energy was originally sponsored by Exxon. In 2001 the sponsorship became Exxon/Mobile when these two companies merged. On March 17, 2004 Exxon/Mobile ended it's sponsorship of the pavillion.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Gvizier is offline A-Ticket holder

Thaks MB

thanks a lot..not the answer I hoped for but still it is good to know the answer..lol....By the way, my real name is Mickey..seriously...and I have worked at Disney, driving the Safari Truck in the Animal Kingdom..it didn't last long due to back problems but it was fun while it lasted..lol

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    That MBabe is a genius! Nice work! Gold star to you.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 03-14-2006 at 11:46 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It was Exxon becuase as you exited UoE there was a stand that had little bussiness card sized coupons that ,if you took it to an onsite Exxon station they would give you a free poster of a tiger along with some conservation literature. Exxons mascot/symbol was a tiger.