Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Walt Disney's Death in the Ask The Experts forums; What happened to Walt Disney after he died (why did he die?) I did some research and this is what I found. Can anyone deny or confirm the validity of ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Walt Disney's Death

What happened to Walt Disney after he died (why did he die?) I did some research and this is what I found. Can anyone deny or confirm the validity of this claim by another website?

Legend - Walt was cryogenically frozen after his death, in the hope that one day medical science will be far enough advanced to bring him back to life.
    False.
    Walt was in fact cremated, as shown on his death certificate. His burial plot can be found at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale. Circumstances that added to this theory include the fact that there was no public funeral, at Walt's request; his death wasn't announced straight away (family members needed to be informed); instructions for the disposal of his body were not contained in his will.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    [QUOTE=LaBretonne2002]What happened to Walt Disney after he died (why did he die?) [/QUOTE]

According to Disney: The First 100 Years by Dave Smith and Steven Clark, page 101:
    "...But his health slowly declined, and at nine-thirty in the morning on December 15, ten days after his 65th birthday, Walt Disney died of an acute circulatory collapse at St. Joseph's Hospital across the street from the Disney Studio in Burbank."
    ..."As Walt had requested, the day after his death his body was creamated and his immedate family gathered for a simple funeral service at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale."

My tour guide on the Keys to the Kingdom tour also said that the cryogenic freezing is a myth. Walt Disney's acute circulatory collapse was a result of lung cancer caused by his many years of smoking.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    what? walt disney is dead?