Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Dining Plan Needed for all of Trip? in the Ask The Experts forums; Just wondering, I am going to Disney for 8 days , do I need to pay for 8 days of the dining plan? Or can I just do 7 days ...
    Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney Dining Plan Needed for all of Trip?

Just wondering, I am going to Disney for 8 days , do I need to pay for 8 days of the dining plan? Or can I just do 7 days since I am leaving around 3 on the last day? Also any other information on this plan would help me a great deal. I think it is now 37 dollars a day per adult.

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Dont quote me on this but if I'm not mistaken the plan goes by the nites you stay and not the days (7 nites=7 days of plan) You might want to call the WDW - DINING phone number to double check on it.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

springtime29 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It does go by the nights you stay, so take advantage of that last table meal. One day we had two table services, and the last day, we got fresh fruit for the plane to use up the snack portion. Definetly make reservations!! Even trying to change the time of our reservation to Chef Mickey was a nightmare,and as we were waiting for our name to be called at Le Cellier in Canada, someone walked by and said, "I can't believe you need a reservation for lunch". My daughter booked as many character meals as possible, so we really got our moneys worth.
    Enjoy!
    Joyce

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:38 PM.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    ok, I've got a question about that...

coming up me and my fiance will be on the Premium Magic Your Way Plan. this includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. I was told that all 3 of those can be table service meals. but here's my questions:

1. Say we eat a meal at Cosmic Ray's (or any Counter Service place), does it still count as a full meal on our plan? or will it somehow only count as half a meal? I don't know if I'm being clear enough, so lemme know if you don't understand what I'm rambling about there.

my second question is fairly similar:

2. Say we eat at a Signature place (like Artist Point) or do a dinner show. do these only count as one meal, or will two meals be deducted from our total?

my brochure thing only says that the Premium Plan includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. it doesn't say anything about how they are tallied up or kept track of. it seems to me that the only fair way to do it would be if the Signature places and dinner shows counted as two meals, that the counter service places should only count as a half. not that Disney is too interested in being fair when it comes to meal prices or anything, haha.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 04-06-2006 at 09:25 PM.

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    From what I can tell, any meal counts as 1 meal. There's a good description of all the Premium Package includes at Mousesavers.com http://www.mousesavers.com/mywpremium2006.html. All it says is it's good at 100+ restaurants, but nothing about signature or dinner shows needing more than one. Probably the best thing to do is call Disney and ask.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

UncleJumbaa is offline A-Ticket holder
    FYI - I made Disney Dining Plan reservations as recently as a week ago & we did in fact have to buy them for every night we are going to be there. 2 people in our party come in at 8:30 and still had to buy the plan. We tried, but there was no getting around it. There was no bending. We'll end up using it all, so it's fine.

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:39 PM.

UncleJumbaa is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by esigsby
    If you read my above post, there is a way around it.
    Unless you've already booked your trip, which is what happened to us. I'll keep it in mind for next time, though.