Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Cheerleader's in the Ask The Experts forums; Love one another and be kind.... My grandmother used to say that when we would argue. She obviously has never ran into a group of pre-teen cheerleaders with one, count ...
    jmoss1980 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Love one another and be kind.... My grandmother used to say that when we would argue. She obviously has never ran into a group of pre-teen cheerleaders with one, count em', one chaperone. Ugh the agony.

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    < ~ Pop Warner Cheerleader from 2nd-8th grade, and HS Varsity for four years. :-) We're not ALL like that, I promise!!

mikmin is offline A-Ticket holder
    My niece's cheerleading trip is scheduled for 1-18 to 1-22. We will be going down together as a family but we are staying at our home resort BWV from 1-15 to 1-24 where there will be peace and quiet.

All girls trip BWV Studio 9-26 to 10-6 MNSSHP 10-2 and FW

Family trip BCV 2-bedroom 12-1 to 12-16 MVMCP 12-2 and Candlelight Processional.

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Cheerleader noise

I had the misfortune of staying at one of the All -Star resorts when the cherrleaders were in town and honestly the noise didn't bother me until I tried to go to sleep around 11 PM. I made just one call to the front desk and politely asked them to do something about the cheerleaders practicing on the grassy area right in front of my room and within about 5 minutes a Security guard and a well dressed resort employee came along and asked the girls to pack it up for the night and they did. problem solved . For the remainder of my stay I had no other issues. So instead of suffering and griping just call the front desk and have the problem taken care of. I didn't get nasty or anything just a nice request was all it took.
    Last edited by dwellspompano; 08-16-2006 at 05:57 AM.

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    ^^
    Well said, and that certainly does work. But you'd think they would have enough manners to do it on their own, wouldn'cha? Sometimes I don't know who's worse - the teenyboppers and their high-pitched giggling and rah-rah-ing, or their parents/chaperones, who DEFINITELY should know better.
    Loyal patron of the World since 1972

Annette is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just wanted to add.... Cheerleading season in Disney runs from November to April - yes April! In fact 300 teams are coming the weekend of April 25 - 28th for Worlds. They will be in WWS, Epcot and Studios.
    Annette
    annette@mousefantravel.com

tink4ever is offline A-Ticket holder
    My daughter has been a cheerleader since she was 8 years old! She has been to Nationals in Disney 3 seperate times in her career! She is a very sweet, kind, quiet girl who is in college to be a teacher and has become a cheerleading coach herself. She was never loud, disrespectful, rude or a "brat" like the OP's have so kindly labeled all of the cheerleaders who attend these competitions!! She never wears too much makeup, expensive sneakers or whatever has been said here but she actually is a gymnast who has worked very, very hard to get to the level of competing on a National level which is an honor for these girls to achieve. You should not stereo type these groups of girls because if you met my daughter you would be ashamed of youselves for using such mean and nasty descriptions of them!! I have been to Disney so many times and there have been some nasty adults and children who are not cheerleaders but I have learned to look the other way and not let them ruin my trip!! You all should be careful with your wording of these girls because some are wonderful young women that you should aspire to be like!!!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tink4ever View Post
    My daughter has been a cheerleader since she was 8 years old! She has been to Nationals in Disney 3 seperate times in her career! She is a very sweet, kind, quiet girl who is in college to be a teacher and has become a cheerleading coach herself. She was never loud, disrespectful, rude or a "brat" like the OP's have so kindly labeled all of the cheerleaders who attend these competitions!! She never wears too much makeup, expensive sneakers or whatever has been said here but she actually is a gymnast who has worked very, very hard to get to the level of competing on a National level which is an honor for these girls to achieve. You should not stereo type these groups of girls because if you met my daughter you would be ashamed of youselves for using such mean and nasty descriptions of them!! I have been to Disney so many times and there have been some nasty adults and children who are not cheerleaders but I have learned to look the other way and not let them ruin my trip!! You all should be careful with your wording of these girls because some are wonderful young women that you should aspire to be like!!!
    I haven't read the rest of these posts but my friend's twin girls are cheerleaders. They are very down to earth and your daughter sounds a lot like them. BUT I was thinking about letting my oldest do cheerleading and he had a strong negative opinion about it. It mostly dealt with the parents of the other girls but there were some concerns about attitudes and "cliques". This is just how it is some people are so insecure about themselves that it shows up in their children and they act out. Haven't decided yet about letting my kd be a cheerleader.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12