Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Cheerleader's in the Ask The Experts forums; What time of the year does the cheerleaders come to Disney World to practice?...
    ladybug35 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cheerleader's

What time of the year does the cheerleaders come to Disney
    World to practice?

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    they were just here about two three weeks ago. I think.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    It seems like they are ALWAYS there. But I know they have a big tournament around the end of March....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    It does seem like they are always there...

My gf asked me last week if I chose to go to MGM on a particular day because I knew there was a cheerleading competition going on there at the time. Of course I didn't know that before hand... but if I did know where to find out that kind of thing, you can bet I probably would keep it in mind in the future!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

cheerleaders

I know there were groups there over Thanksgiving weekend. They marched at the beginning of the parade at MK.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Yep, 'tis the season as we speak. Last year at this time, I took a weekend to run a buddy who was in dire need of some laughs down to Disney, and just as soon as we crossed the threshold into MGM, we were greeted by a big sign advising one and all that the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular was out of commission due to a "special event."

I grimaced, straightened my fedora, and muttered "Cheerleaders. Why'd it have to be cheerleaders......???"
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Yeah when i was just down there, there were all the loud noisy annoying underdressed rude cheerleaders all over the place! IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Rude? Yeah, in a pack, they certainly do tend to be. Underdressed? Well, I wasn't complaining (as Poison sagely noted: "You can look, but you can't touch.") Although for the record, I do hold a bit of respect for the cheerleader types after an incident in my youth. I was barely seventeen when this happened (I WAS BARELY SEVENTEEN), and I got a little crazy with my guitar--can't remember if it was a telecastor or a stratocastor....sorry, I'm digressing again--at any rate, I proceeded to slam my expensive musical instrument against a variety of inaminate as well as living things, including a varsity cheerleader and a 1981 Harley Davidson. I remember this point very clearly:

The Harley howled in pain, but not the varsity cheerleader.

(Please, PLEASE tell me that someone gets this reference.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    I proceeded to slam my expensive musical instrument against a variety of inaminate as well as living things, including a varsity cheerleader and a 1981 Harley Davidson. I remember this point very clearly:

The Harley howled in pain,
    you sick *******!!! how could you!?

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We have been bombarded with cheerleaders the last week of January through the first week of February before. As the previous poster mentioned, they are ALWAYS there.
    They call me "Nana"

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I know that over Mardi Gras, the local (New Orleans local) high schools send their bands and cheerleading squads down for the Mardi Gras Parade (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the Krewe of Caesar) on MSUSA...however, when I was there for Mardi Gras '05, I didn't encounter many "groups" of them, per se...but the one group that I did was certainly annoying enough! How dare they make fun of someone because they're wearing Mickey Ears...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    you sick *******!!! how could you!?

All I can say is, I had an H-E-double hockey sticks of a lot to learn about rock 'n roll.

So lemme get this straight--these spoiled little teeny-boppers in their several hundred dollar sneakers and goofy little uniforms with waaaay too much makeup on their faces had a problem with someone else wearing Mouse Ears inside the park?

Ha, wishin' I coulda been there.......

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    All I can say is, I had an H-E-double hockey sticks of a lot to learn about rock 'n roll.

So lemme get this straight--these spoiled little teeny-boppers in their several hundred dollar sneakers and goofy little uniforms with waaaay too much makeup on their faces had a problem with someone else wearing Mouse Ears inside the park?

Well, it was technically on the bus, but that's beside the point...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

i don't give a rat's butt about the little cheerleaders. whip out the ruffies, shove em in the trunk of our car and bring them to the wood chipper for a good time, in my opinion, but that's me.

i'm talking about the poor bike. beautiful Harley you **** butcher, what the **** were you thinking!?

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    The little brats...er, cheerleaders, sorry...are definitely there in December. Do NOT (and I repeat, do NOT) stay at All-Star Sports. It's absolutely crawling with the little darlings and their little CURLS with their little HAIRNETS. *pukes in corner*
    Loyal patron of the World since 1972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast