Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How Many Days in the Ask The Experts forums; how many days does it take to cover magic kingdom, animal kingdom, Mgm, and epcot...
    ladybug35 is offline A-Ticket holder

How Many Days

how many days does it take to cover magic kingdom, animal kingdom, Mgm, and epcot

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Cover as in see everything and ride everything and do everything in each park? got a month or so?

Seriously, though, to be able to see and ride most of what's there, without burning yourself and your kids out, minimum 2 days at MK and Epcot, and 1 day at each MGM and AK. More if you're going in a busy season.

Park hopper passes are a big help, since AK closes pretty early.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It all depends. The time of year is a big factor when it comes to crowds. Do you want to see EVERYTHING, because if you have no kids, fantasyland and Mickeys toontown is a skip over. Those two alone can save you A LOT of time. I would only hit IASM and Mickeys Philharmagic, and maybe Barnstormer from those two lands.

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It does depend on the number of kids, their ages, and the time of the year that you are going. Summers tend to be fairly busy, and holidays, too. And I am guessing you are a first timer, otherwise you would not be asking this question. Always try to go early and do the most popular rides first (Fantastyland rides can be very popular, too). Epcot does not have too much to do. A lot of it is educational (education is good, but if you don't want to spend the time), so you don't need to do everything in there. I think my family & I could do Epcot in about half a day. We usually split Epcot and the MGM-Studios. And if you do have fairly young kids, skipping out (unfortunately, but there is always the child swap thing, ask a CM) on the scarier or too-little/young-to-ride rides saves you time, too. It usually takes about a day or so. But since my family's been to WDW quite a few, it takes about a day to do what we want/need to do. My advice is to get the brochures as soon as you get to Disney and go through the rides that your family wants to do. Don't forget about the Fast Passes, too. Thrill rides are very popular. At the Animal Kingdom, do the Kilimanjaro Safari bright and early, where the line is least likely to be long and where you're more likely to see the animals (this is a ride). If you're not really into seeing the animals (for viewing purposes), skip those. You can see them any other time at a zoo. I'd go on, but it'd be a novel. I'll give you a brief list of the most popular rides for each park, just so you can know how to plan around your day:
    Magic Kingdom: Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain, sometimes Astro Orbiters (Tomorrowland), Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Small World (line goes pretty quick, though), Winnie-The-Pooh, Tea Cups, Dumbo, Mickey's Philhar Magic (Fantasyland), Splash Mt., Big Thunder Mt. Railroad (Frontierland), Haunted Mansion (wait is pretty fast-Liberty Square?)
    EPCOT: Test Track, poss. Mission:Space, Honey, I Shrunk The Audience!. Then there is World Showcase. That is something you might just want to go walk around, but shouldn't take the whole day unless you stop at every single "country".
    MGM-Studios: Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roll Rollercoaster (end of Sunset Boulevard), The Great Movie Ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Fantasmic! (night time entertainment), Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, and poss. the little kid shows
    Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl (Dinoland U.S.A.), Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of the Lion King (Camp Minnie & Mickey), Kali River Rapids, It's Tough To Be A Bug! (Tree of Life)

Good luck, and I hope that helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me on here.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think you missed a couple WDWFan, Pirates of the Carribean (if its open) and Jungle Cruise in Adventure Land at MK and Soarin' at Epcot and Expedition Everest at AK.

If you pick up The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, it will give you some great touring plans that can help you to get as much done in a day at each park as possible. In my opinion, you need AT LEAST two days to cover MK. Epcot can be done in a day and a half max, and MGM can be done in a day, but you will probably want to ride RNRC and ToT 20 times each. AK can definatly be done in a day.

This all depends on your child situation and your willingness to ride thrill rides. Also, utilizing the FastPass system can save hours of waiting on lines if used correctly.
    Last edited by Roofus; 03-30-2006 at 06:32 PM.
    -Tommy-

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Everytime I've been on POTC, I think maybe once or twice I've actually waited in line. Going at night, you can definitely avoid a line. But even during the day, it has never been so crowded, and the wait is not horrendous. Jungle Cruise, yes I forgot about that. It's best to go on that in the morning or late evening. But as said before, it depends on the family size and how long you plan to be there and how much you really want to do. Big Tip: Wear comfortable walking shoes, as in sneakers. A big no-no to flip-flops.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

How many days?

I also recommend taking a break during your visit if you can. We usually try to go three days and take a day off to swim, shop or just rest. Then we go back for the rest of our days. We have 2 kids and it keeps them from getting too grumpy. Also, I have heard not to go to MK on Mondays. If you have kids, two full days at MK is the best. Go early if you can. Dumbo's wait can get almost ridiculous by midday!

Do the Jungle Cruise at night. It's a different experience and it's usually not as crowded then.