Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How is October? in the Ask The Experts forums; We are making our third trip to Disney World this October. The previous two years we have visited in September. Both years the crowds have been very light. What should ...
    Canadian is offline A-Ticket holder

How is October?

We are making our third trip to Disney World this October. The previous two years we have visited in September. Both years the crowds have been very light. What should we expect in October? We are arriving on the 9th of October and will there for a week.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

October

I've only been once in October, but it was pretty slow. It was great! Warm enough for the water rides still, but cool enough to enjoy the whole day without tiring out.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    As long as you are there on the 9th you should be good. October is REALLY busy towards the end when different schools are having their 'teacher's conventions' and whatnot. Or anyone who has a fall break, Disney gets insanely crowded, but otherwise October is an awesome time to go! I used to go every October until I was 13.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    October is ok, not as busy as other months, but still enough people. and, the weather is nice.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian
    We are making our third trip to Disney World this October. The previous two years we have visited in September. Both years the crowds have been very light. What should we expect in October? We are arriving on the 9th of October and will there for a week.
    Welcome to the boards!!!! I hope you have a great time here with the rest of us!!!

As for October, we have been a couple of times and have thoroughly enjoyed it!!... The weather is still warm without being too hot and the crowds are just right: Quiet enough not to queue long for rides (some have no queues!!) but busy enough to create a good atmosphere!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,ve been twice in October.........................it was great.........not too crowded & weather lovely...........lots of stuff going on for "Halloween " too...................don,t miss a night visit ( special ticket event ) in Magic Kingdom to the "Halloween Party ".............not to be missed

I Belle
    Maggie

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i went with my friend for her first time columbus weekend and i was worried that the crowds would be heavy....but we didn't have any problems! early oct. is a great time to visit...weather is still good(we did have a really really hot day) and the crowds aren't bad...have fun!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Do they still have that Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? I'd love to go sometime.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Can anyone tell me a bit about the Halloween party? Is it just another kind of extra magic hour? Also I'm hoping to go at some point between May and December next year for 3 weeks, when would be best to go? I'd like to go when its still hot enough to go swimming but not to be really busy!!
    All you need is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    How is the later part of October? I think we are going for Oct 21-28
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    October is a great month to go. The weather still can be warm, but is cooling off. The crowds are less, until you get to the end of the month. And don't go to the party on a Friday! Those, along with Saturdays, tend to sell out and the Magic Kingdom can get crowded those days.

As for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party - this is different from Extra Magic Hours in the fact that it is a hard ticketed event. If you purchase the ticket, you can go - it is not limited to those staying on property.
    There are many things going on at the party including trick or treating, and a special halloween parade lead off by the headless horseman. With your ticket, you also get to have your picture made.
    People, most kids, like to dress in their costumes for the party - it makes it a lot of fun. The time we went, I was Smee, my niece was Wendy, my dad was a pirate and my mom wore a Tinkerbell shirt.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!