Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Resort in the Ask The Experts forums; When you are staying at the resort do you get the chance to ride the monorail, motorcoach and the ferryboat or anyone that comes to the park can ride?...
    ladybug35 is offline A-Ticket holder

Resort

When you are staying at the resort do you get the chance to ride the monorail, motorcoach and the ferryboat or anyone that comes to the park can ride?

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i think anyone in the WDW resort can ride any of their transportation!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If you are a resort guest (staying in one of the Disney hotels) you have access to all of the WDW transportation system - monorails, buses, large ferry, and the small boats that run from some of the resorts.

Technically, I've never seen them check for a room key or ID, so I guess anyone who comes to the park *could* ride the boats or buses. Sometimes they were checking for park admission tickets at the Ticket & Transportation Center though, before you got to the monorail or ferry that takes you to the Magic Kingdom or the monorail to Epcot.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would think you could ride the monorail (especially that), bus and/or ferryboat w/o having to be an on-property guest. I had always thought of doing that if I was not able to stay on-property. But they don't check to see if you have a room key and ID, so I'd go for it. Everyone looks the same.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I know you can ride at least the monorail without staying at a resort because I have known several people who stay outside of the park, but make dinner reservations at Contemporary and Poly...they always go to the MK and then take the monorail over to dinner. I've never seen anyone check for tickets on the bus so I doubt that would be an issue because a lot of people go to Downtown Disney and then go to other resorts. I always wondered how they could prevent you from going to another resort to use their pool since it says you aren't supposed to use the pool unless you stay at that resort.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    So long as you are on property, you have access to all of the transportations we offer. If the parks are filled to capacity, though, there are certain phases and guest who we allow to our parks, meaning, the transportation to the parks becomes limited to those with resort i.d.'s and certain passes. So as for the answer to checking, they do not check, unless our parks are filled almost or to capacity (and chacking is even very rare). As for using other resort pools, if you are using the bus system, it can take up to and hour or more for you to be transported due to that our system is from each resort to a park. Also, it is a crowd control and making sure that any one resort's pool is available for those paying to uses that pool (staying at the specific resort).

Have a Great Friday.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    I always wondered how they could prevent you from going to another resort to use their pool since it says you aren't supposed to use the pool unless you stay at that resort.
    I've often questioned the same thing. All the signage says that the pools are for the guests of that particular resprt only, but I've never seen any IDs checked at a pool. I know that a number of years back, my family was staying at Dixie Landings (I told you it was a few years back) and we went over and used the Port Orleans pool, but I don't know if those resorts were kind of one in the same at the time.

On my most recent spring break trip a week ago, I visited several resorts just to poke around and have a look-see at the buildings, landscapes, pools, restaurants, etc. I never actually went swimming in any of them, but I did look at quite a few different pools at several of the resorts (by the way, of all the ones I looked at, I think Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge had the coolest pools, in case you're interested). Nobody once checked any ID or said anything about me not being allowed there, I would assume that if you could walk up to the pool to take a look at it like i did, you could probably go swimming in them too without a problem.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    I've often questioned the same thing. All the signage says that the pools are for the guests of that particular resprt only, but I've never seen any IDs checked at a pool. I know that a number of years back, my family was staying at Dixie Landings (I told you it was a few years back) and we went over and used the Port Orleans pool, but I don't know if those resorts were kind of one in the same at the time.

On my most recent spring break trip a week ago, I visited several resorts just to poke around and have a look-see at the buildings, landscapes, pools, restaurants, etc. I never actually went swimming in any of them, but I did look at quite a few different pools at several of the resorts (by the way, of all the ones I looked at, I think Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge had the coolest pools, in case you're interested). Nobody once checked any ID or said anything about me not being allowed there, I would assume that if you could walk up to the pool to take a look at it like i did, you could probably go swimming in them too without a problem.
    In the past when we stay at the Beach Club they have had us go to the front desk to obtain a wrist band indicating we were guests at that resort. This enabled the Pool Staff to see who was staying at the resort and who wasn't. I don't know if they still use this process or not now though.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    All transportation on property is available to anyone, they never check. You can actually drive into Downtown Disney and take a bus to any park or resort within the Disney property
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html