Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss A Tough Pirates Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello there, I am working on putting together a scene by scene script/description for the POTC attraction at WDW and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I know ...
    dkrfla is offline A-Ticket holder

A Tough Pirates Question

Hello there,

I am working on putting together a scene by scene script/description for the POTC attraction at WDW and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I know that sometime in the 90's they changed the "Pooped Pirate" and made him the "Stuffed Pirate" in Disneyland. However in WDW when they change it the pirate does a whole different dialogue that has the phrase "X Marks the Spot" in it. Does anyone know what the dialogue is or have a recording of it? Also, is there any real dialogue in the treasure room at the end of the ride? It's too noisy to hear too well and they usually have the dungeon scene so loud that you can't hear it. Any help would be appreciated.

Dusty

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    All i can remember is the guy complaining something along the lines of "X marks the spot, ay? I should have known better 'an to steal a trasure map from a pirate - There be no x's on this map!" I know that's not word for word what he says, but it's something along those lines. Like I said, I'm going from memory, but maybe someone has a recording somewhere and can help out.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Here is the old dialogue:

Oh, shiver me soul. It's dead wore out, I be. (laughs)

Am I too fast these lot footed wenches be for the likes of an old swag-bellied pirate such as I? Now, where be that fascinatin' little old treasure? Ay? (laughs)

Heave to, maties! Say, have you set your eyes on a bewitchin' maiden in your travels? Oh, she be a lively lassie she were! Oh, I tell you true, it's sore I be to hoist me colors on the likes of that shy little wench. (laughs)

Favor, keep a weather eye open maties.

I be willing to share, I be! (Laughs).

I have a recording (I think of both?) on my servers at home somehwere. I'll try and remember to post it for ya, matey. Give me some time on this one, though, OK? Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks guys,

I have a few really bad recordings of the "X Marks the Spot" but as you all know, the way things move in POTC as you pass by you will only hear l part of it. Not to mention the fact that I cannot understand them anyway. Here is what I have so far. These are all just tiny pieces of the dialogue and in absolutely no order whatsoever:

Ahoy lubbers if ye be seeing any X's

Stern side of the end of a short beaten plank

Avast Mateys it be treasure

I be seein no X's uopn it

X marks the spot says ye

X is a doesn't mark any spot says I

Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate it.

Dusty

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Sounds like Lou's your huckleberry on this one, but if you get the chance, there is (or at least, was last time I checked) a CD for sale with the entire float-through recording, with every pirate, animal, voice and sound effect included with crystal clarity (the Disneyland version, anyway). I've got a copy if this thing is no longer on the market, and if you're game, I'd be willin' to share, I be!

No, there is no real dialouge in the armory/treasure room. Just a lot of hoots, laughs, and gunshots.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

I have the Pirates CD and enjoy it greatly but but alas there be differences between Disneyland and Walt Disney Worlds attraction. The dialogue I am trying to get is only in the Florida version. I am working on a scene by scene script from Florida's version (The one before the rehab that is) and the "X Marks the Spot" is the only part I need. I will however include the original "Pooped Pirate dialogue as well in the description. Thanks for your help though, I do appreciate it.

Dusty

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrfla
    alas there be differences between Disneyland and Walt Disney Worlds attraction.
    Eh, tell me about it. I don't care what the guidebooks say--WDW has the better version of the attraction.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides