Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss serious/curious question about packing in WDW in the Ask The Experts forums; my states CCW permit regulations has reciprocity with Florida, which means i can carry there, but don't believe the actual parks allow it. so, how does that work, will they ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

serious/curious question about packing in WDW

my states CCW permit regulations has reciprocity with Florida, which means i can carry there, but don't believe the actual parks allow it.

so, how does that work, will they hold for me while i'm inside or should i leave my piece at the resort?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Dude-are you driving to FLA? Cuz, ya can't take it on the plane..... You want to take your weapon into the parks with you? I don't think the nice security guys who search bags before you enter are gonna be ok with that. I know, I know...they can have your gun when they tear it from your cold, dead hand, right Charlton?

So, I don't know the rules, but I am thinking guest relations isn't gonna want you leaving it with them until you are loaded up with beer and booze at Epcot and then taking it on the monorail with you back to your room. Did I help at all?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My question would be, Why would you want to?
    They call me "Nana"

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Dude-are you driving to FLA? Cuz, ya can't take it on the plane..... You want to take your weapon into the parks with you? I don't think the nice security guys who search bags before you enter are gonna be ok with that. I know, I know...they can have your gun when they tear it from your cold, dead hand, right Charlton?

So, I don't know the rules, but I am thinking guest relations isn't gonna want you leaving it with them until you are loaded up with beer and booze at Epcot and then taking it on the monorail with you back to your room. Did I help at all?
    i can pack my sidearm in my suitcase, which gets stowed under the plane, in its locked case.

i'll be honest, was posting this more to be a smart-butt, but at the same time the curiousity was killing me. i know there is no way they'd let me into the parks with it........

but the resorts and downtown disney!

so, who wants to meet up at Fulton's next time i'm down!?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    i can pack my sidearm in my suitcase, which gets stowed under the plane, in its locked case.
    so, who wants to meet up at Fulton's next time i'm down!?
    Um.....

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Well you can take a gun on a plane, but it has to be unloaded and go on the checked baggage part. However I do not think they would allow you to take a weapon into WDW. I would think they would just want their security guards to have them and not the guests.. Personally I would leave it locked up in your room. And if you would like to just carry it on you when you are walking around outside of Disney Property. But I don't know if they would let you into like the clubs in Pleasure island with them. Those are my 2 cents.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    My question would be, Why would you want to?
    because you never know, and i'd always rather have it and not need it, then the one time i do need and don't have it.

by the way, in case anyone is wondering, i do not currently carry, but am planning on getting my CCW (carry concealed weapon) permit soon, hence what stirred up the question....

that and the humor/shock value.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Ok.. So GD you just basically said what I did.. I know you can have a gun on a plane and I think when you are out shopping and touring you should be fine as long as you have on you the proof you need to say you can carry a firearm in the state of FL.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale
    Ok.. So GD you just basically said what I did.. I know you can have a gun on a plane and I think when you are out shopping and touring you should be fine as long as you have on you the proof you need to say you can carry a firearm in the state of FL.
    exactly, my permit from PA would also be honored in FL, GA, SC, KY, TX, NH, MI, and WY and have signed agreements. there are other states without any legal documentation, but still accept, such as Alaska and Idaho.

just like a driver's license, has your photo on it and everything.
    Last edited by GrumpyDude; 04-13-2006 at 02:30 PM.

So, your permit would not be applicable in the World showcase in Epcot. Cuz, you know, those are other countries. You KNOW France won't honor it. You could end up having to seek asylum in neighboring Italy or something until the American Embassy in the American Adventure can rescue you.

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    So, your permit would not be applicable in the World showcase in Epcot. Cuz, you know, those are other countries. You KNOW France won't honor it. You could end up having to seek asylum in neighboring Italy or something until the American Embassy in the American Adventure can rescue you.
    i wouldn't bring it into France. all the Cast Members would stop what they were doing and surrender to me. i'd then have to feed them and stuff, and i have no patience for that.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    i actually have an answer (kinda). i had a swiss army knife in my purse once that disney discovered. They told me I could either throw it out, or take it back to my car. So I'm assuming that they'd do the same for a firearm!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Actually,
    My husband took his when we went in '04. We didnt fly, we drove and when we got to the resort he kept it under the bed in a small suit case.

We dont really like to drive anywhere without it!! In Arkansas we drive around with guns hanging in the rear window!! (yeah, we(the state of AR) support Charlton Heston)

I think it is a good idea to have one when you are on vacation. Maybe that is just the southern girl in me!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Guy in my department brought his weapon with him to WDW, drove though. He locked it someplace in the room, it was stolen. Now none of our officers may carry the Department issued weapon out of state, regardless of the national carry law. We may only carry our personal weapon, but you can't bring that on the plane with you, even if it is stored below. I don't think its really necessary, nor is it worth the aggrivation of worrying about, which would ruin my vacation.
    :mickey:

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    why would you want to do that GD?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast