Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Gradnite in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm going with my school in less than a month. I'm excited, becuase I love Disney...but I don't think i'm going to have fun because everyone is going to be ...
    alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder

Gradnite

I'm going with my school in less than a month. I'm excited, becuase I love Disney...but I don't think i'm going to have fun because everyone is going to be focused on other things (um...i'm still in highschool unfortunately ). I would love to roam around by myself...well now i'm ranting. All I want is an antenna topper and mickey ears
    But yeah...how is it?
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    When I went to Gradnite(probably on your birthday) it was not so bad. We rode charter busses up from school(Boca High), parked at TTC took the monorail to the park and stayed up all night. We were not allowed to leave the park but that was ok it wasn't all that cowded and there were several bands playing(Miami Sound Machine and Michael Bolton I think). Just go and have fun, bring some shopping money most Gradnight items are only available then.
    Maggie

Sounds like fun. My school is going to Pleasure Island before . I'm scared to see what the people in my school will be doing in those clubs.
    NADIA

Pleasure Island, now that sounds like fun!! I don't think they will get into too much trouble Disney will watch pretty carefully for underage drinking if they know high schoolers will be there.

Where in FL are you from?
    Maggie

ft. lauderdale

well i'm not the clubbing type..i just hope they let me walk around downtown disney
    NADIA

DH is from Coconut Creek and we lived in Margate for awhile. If they will let you Pleasure Island is at Downtown Disney and the Market place area has some nice shopping(only open till 9 or 10 I think).
    Maggie

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Wandering alone on Grad Night

WOAH! Now you bring back memories of GRAD NIGHT '84 WOOHOO!:mickey:
    I attended Nova High School and had a blast at GN'84 "Sister Sledge" and "Extreme" I can't remember who else. Well anyway I wan't a popular kid in HS for the most part. So I didn't have a "date" for GN but hung out with a few of the guys on and off through the night and did some wandering on my own as well. My most vivd memory of that night was walking down Main Street singing along with "For the longest time" (Disney music was replaced with Pop music of the time on the parks PA system)with a bunch of the guys and everyone else laughing at our horrible singing"