Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Barbershop on Main Street in MK in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone ever got their hair cut at the Harmony Barber shop in MK? Is it expensive and what is the experience like? Is there a long wait or do ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Barbershop on Main Street in MK

Has anyone ever got their hair cut at the Harmony Barber shop in MK?

Is it expensive and what is the experience like? Is there a long wait or do you book ahead? Would love to hear more about this so please don't hesitate to post even if it's negative.

Anyone have any pics you could post or email to me? I'm thinking of waiting to get my son's hair cut there but wanted some feedback from the disney experts...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I've never been there but want to some day, does anyone know what time the Dapper Dans usuallly do thier set in the barbershop?

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

First hair cut

If I'm ever lucky enough to have a son, I'd love for him to get his first haircut there. I think they will give him a certificate or something.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I was thinking of doing it during this next, but I'm not sure. It's $15 for a guys haircut and they put colored gel and "pixie dust" in your hair. Most people don't know about, so it's not too busy. I think I read somewhere that they have about 400 people visit a week.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Here's a link to one guy's experience:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mk_barber.htm

There's also photos there too.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    My DD age 9 months will be getting her very first haircut at the Barbershop in two weeks. Even if they cut just one little hair.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

What does Disney consider to be a child? My son is 11 so would he be considered a child? Also, they put pixie dust in your hair? Not sure what that is, but it sounds sooo cool. I guess it would be a great photo opportunity. My only concern would be that we'd be waiting there all day. Any idea if they are busy if they'd tell you a time to come back?

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

I took my husband there in 2002! My niece and nephews were busy getting autographs so I took him in. We were the 3rd family in line. There are 2 "barbers" so the line moves fast.

The pixie dust is if you want it, I wanted it my hubby didn't, they compromised and gave him a light sprinkle. They can also color your whole head or use a template (mickey ears.) Mike and Marla worked on 2 babies and an older gentleman before us and they all left happy.

For men and children I think the $15 is well spent, I wouldn't get my own done there (I have quite a LOT of hair.)

I think it would be an amazing experience for my son. He would love it, I'm sure. I wish I could find more pics and reviews of it though... I have long hair so I wouldn't get mine done there but my son would be so excited and we'll have great photos. I just hope I remember and don't let him get his hair cut before we go.

Elliot is offline A-Ticket holder
    The haircut is the best bargain on property. I get my haircut there almost every trip. If you go, tell Maura and Michael, the barbars, that Joe from New York says Hi.

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Pixie Dust????????????? I dont think so!! The outline of MM in colored gel is neat..........for my boy!
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    If you take your son/daughter there for their first haircut, they do recieve a special certificate and can get their photo taken as well. I can't wait to have kids and have their first haircut done there. I'll take the honors of giving him/her their second haircut!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

disneyfan4ever is offline A-Ticket holder
    I took my son for his first official haircut on our trip in 2003, Michael (barber) gave him lots of mickey stickers, wrapped his hair up in a disney paper, gave hime "my first Haircut" Mickey mouse ears, and a very colorful certificate. This cost either 12.00 or 15.00.

Last year both my son and hubby to be got thier haircuts with blue gel, pixie dust, and the shape of mickey on the sprayed blue on the backs of thier heads.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I used to get my hair cut quite regularly there - an amazingly good deal, and reminded me of the old-fashioned hair place I used at school.

eleda is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi,I took my daghter ( 8.5yrs ) there now ( 1mounth ago ) She had prertty long hair, and wanted it shorter. She altso got pixi dust and pink color in her hair. It costed $ 15. Go there right after the opening of the park. We did, and where 1 in line.
    Little me, from Norway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast