Chef Mickeys - Problem
Jusst came across a problem and wondering if you guys can help. :question:
Have reservation for Chef Mickeys on my first day at WDW, for 8am.
I thoght that MK was EMH on that day but its not. originally thought that if i do CM's at 8am, be in MK for 9 - ok i missed the EMH but would still be there early and also transport would be running from my hotel (Coronado Springs) to get me to MK for 7.30 so i could walk round to Contemporary in time for my Reservation.
Follow me so far ?
Problem !?! MK is NOT Extra Magic Hour on the Monday. As transport starts running 1 hour before Park Opening (which will is 9am on that day) it means Buses wont start to around 8am.
I do have a Hire Car but would rather use the Disney Transport on this day but this is now not possible due to time it starts. I also can only park for 3 hours in Contemporary unless i Vaket Park but why pay $7 when i can park for free in MK car park.
Heres my options:
1. Drive to Contemporary for 7.45am. Park car, then move to MK after Breakfast. Does anyone know how long this will take, to drive from Contem to MK Car Park, 5 mins ? Also, is it easy enough to leave Contemporary Car Park and get into MK's as i imagine not a lot of people take cars from there to MK car park. Do i need to go all the way around again?
2. Drive to MK Car Park for 7.30am. Can i get from MK Car Park to Contemporary by walking from Car Park? I know i can walk from the MK gates to the Resort for breakfast but if transport doesnt start till an hour before opening, the TTC will not be open until 8am and i wont be able to Monorail to Contemporary or MK, or use the Ferryboat over to MK and walk to Resort.
3. change reservation day ? But id like to have Character Breakfast on 1st full day.
Please help. Has anyone had same problem before? Any advice would be great.
Thanks for reading. :thumbs:
I would suggest changing the day because there is no guarantee that the buses will be running. Also, It will be a large hassel for you to park in MK. You have to drive all the way out to the main road, and then you will have to wait 15 minutes to get on the boat or monorail, then about 20/30 minutes to get to the MK. Parking will be a big hassel, so i am thinking change the day.
You know you can walk from the bus area at MK straight over to the Contemporary. Why not just park at the resort and take the short walk over.
because she has to pay to park for more than 4 hours.
When are you going? We have never had a problem with busses not running early enough for us. Especially if we let the front desk know ahead of time. If you go stand in front of the MK bus stop and watch for a white van they will see you and radio ahead for a bus to come get you as well. If all else fails, flag the van down and tell them you have an early reservation. Also tell the bus driver when you get on. A lot of the time if the bus is not crowded they will take you directly to the resort where you are eating after they stop at the park.
Is there EMH for any of the parks that day?
If so, you could take the bus from your resort to the EMH park and then hop the Contemporary bus from the EMH park.
It may take some extra time but could be worth it in the long run, since you don't really know a direct route from the Contemporary to the MK parking lot. :inquis:
Just a thought. :yes:
Like iwannabeminnie said...you shouldn't have a problem at all. Just check in with the front desk of your hotel before you walk out to the bus stop and tell them where you have to go. I would definitely allow extra time to arrive there in case there are other parties on the bus or in a van with you going to other resorts. Maybe check at the front desk the day before your breakfast to find out what time they suggest you arrive at the bus stop.
Why can't you just change your reservation time to 9 in stead of 8? One hour won't kill you.
Thanks for all the replies.
Just to answer a few questions.
1. We are travelling 2nd week of July.
2. MGM is the EMH for that morning.
3. Changing the time to 9 from 8, agreed wont ill me lol but since its our first full day (arrive night beofre at 8pm) the time diff from here in Scotland is 5 hours and going from past experiences to WDW, we will awake around 5am. Also, 8am is the only reservation time i could get.
I was just gonna change my reservation day but i want to start off with Chef MIckeys, so will speak to Guest Relations at my resort and see if they can help (thanks to all for this advice) , if not, then i may just get a taxi over and use the transport back.
All this for a mickey waffle eh ;)
Just to let you all know that my problem is solved.
Just read on allears.com that Disney Have special buses that run early morning to cover the Early Character breakfasts. They start at 6.30am and you just tell the driver where your going to and he will drop you off either at the closest park or actually at the hotel Resort itself.
Thought id post incase anyone else was wondering about the same thing.
Of course Disney has busses for special things like that. Bottom line is that Disney does NOT want you to rent a car. If you have a car you could LEAVE and go to SEA WORLD or HEAVEN FORBID IT--UNIVERSAL!
Lol thats funny.
Dare i say it too - i might jst be doing that !
On no, now i will be thrown off this site lol :cry: