Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Celebration Ending :( in the Ask The Experts forums; As some of you may know I am going to disneyworld over Christmas break/vacation and I was curious if anyone knew the exact date or close to it when the ...
    disneydancer06 is offline A-Ticket holder

Celebration Ending :(

As some of you may know I am going to disneyworld over Christmas break/vacation and I was curious if anyone knew the exact date or close to it when the happiest celebration on earth was ending . Will the castle still be decorated, will my fav ride Soarin' ride be there??!! My dad will be HEARTBROKEN if Soarin' was gone! He had a smile on his face the rest of the day and couldnt stop talking about it. I got to know when everything ends! thanks
    Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are Forever.
    - Erika

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    correct me if I am wrong ppls ....but SEPT is the end of it???? somewhere around there. Soarin' isnt going anywhere anytime soon. Think about how much it would cost to build that and remove it in 18 months.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Vixen's right - the celebration is supposed to end in September - October timeframe. It will take some time to remove the decorations from the castle and the like, but the new attractions like Soarin' and Lights! Motors! Action! aren't going anywhere. The only one that may or may not end is the Cinderellabration show.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea those rides are here to stay. Lou and Nathan even mentioned on the podcast that Iger has talked about adding more theaters to Soaring to cut down wait times. I also doubt that the castle decorations would be down before Dec.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    The decorations may be gone, the signs may not be there any more, and the Disney castle will lose its trimmings, but, in Disney spirit,

THE CELEBRATION IS NEVER OVER!!!

I can't hear that it will end. As long as WDW exists, the celebration is still alive.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

SoarinFan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I heard some rumors that they may keep the gold on the castle because it doesn't really look tacky and adds something to it.

It may be false but I don't think I'd mind if they decided to keep the castle the way it is right now.

-Ryan

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I agree, DisneyFREAK!

disneydancer06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    The decorations may be gone, the signs may not be there any more, and the Disney castle will lose its trimmings, but, in Disney spirit,

THE CELEBRATION IS NEVER OVER!!!

I can't hear that it will end. As long as WDW exists, the celebration is still alive.
    You are right, the celebration will never end but i mean the golden ears, the happiest celebration souvenirs, the castle and so on.... but i completely agree about the celebration.
    Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are Forever.
    - Erika

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I do like the 50th trim on Cinderella Castle, but I don't think I'd like the Disney characters to remain indefinitely.

One thing I've wondered after seeing all of the decoration during Spring Break: How was this stuff anchored to the building? That's quite a collection of holes to fill and cover when all of this is done. I hope there's not much damage sustained when everything is removed.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    correct me if I am wrong ppls ....but SEPT is the end of it???? somewhere around there. Soarin' isnt going anywhere anytime soon. Think about how much it would cost to build that and remove it in 18 months.
    It ends in sept or oct but i think everyone on this site needs to think about some of the things they write down because think about the cost factor and the fact that everyone would be mad. they only get rid of rides that arent popular and are old.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I dont really want them to take all the decorations down. It would be like that day after christmas when the tree and decorations are all down and your house feels so empty. I like the gold trim on the castle and I think they should keep it
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Lol I like the comparison DarGoku.

But, honestly I don't really care. I wouldn't mind seeing the old Cinderella Castle which we all know and love.

Just remember, even though you take down your christmas decorations, they always come back up again
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,d really like to see the Castle like it used to be too..........with no Mirror or gold trimmings etc................but what I really want to know is.......will "Cinderellabration"

be gone or not???? No- one seems to be really sure what is happening .will the" DisneyCharacters" show be back instead of Cinderellabration & when??? I,ll be there Nov/Dec.anyone know ????????

I Belle
    Maggie

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Okie dokie folks - you really want this party to end early. 18 months put the HCoE in November for a end date. Also, Disney Imagineers can work quite fast (when they want to) to get decorations down. So although it may take a couple weeks don't anticipate decorations to be there for the new year celebration. Furthermore, as I do love the castle decorations, I REALLY REALLY REALLY cannot wait for them to come down. Lights-Motors-Action, Soarin', and Everest are going to stay after the end date (they all cost quite a bit to build and set) and I would expect that Cinderellabration will also be here for a while (it took some doing to get it translated to English from Japanesse). As for Cinderella Suprise a little birdy has told me that it may come back but in addition to Cinderellabration. Don't ask me how they will do it...the stages are totally different for each. I guess they would be doing one show and alternate days. So in conclusion, expect decorations for HCoE to be gone by the holidays and Cinderellabration to stay.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I am confused majorly about the date now. going by the 05-05-05 date things started that would make 18 months up in OCT. of this year. ***wags finger at SummerSun--"you are making me do math at 11pm" LOL ????????????????????????????????? Are they counting months differently or just rounding it up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast