Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Photopass? in the Ask The Experts forums; As I understand, the photopass system allows you to track pictures that the CMs take of you. Is there any other advantage to the photopass? I'm taking my digital camera, ...
    T1nkfan is offline A-Ticket holder

Photopass?

As I understand, the photopass system allows you to track pictures that the CMs take of you. Is there any other advantage to the photopass? I'm taking my digital camera, should I actually pay attention to this system?

I tried getting info from the website, but without having pictures you can't really get into it....

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    It's good to have, except, you have to pay 13 bucks if you want to actually buy one of the pictures. However, if you are a person who doesn't want to carry around a camera, you'd get the pics taken and then pay 99 dollars to get them put on to a cd
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

however, for you, just carry your digital, the CM's will take ur pictures on there for you too.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

That's what I figured... I think I may pass it up and just ask some folks to take pictures of us with my camera instead. Thanks!

np!
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Btw!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    ]
    GO RED SOX!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to the boards, T1nkfan!

Even with your own camera, there are some advantages to photopass:

- it's free to have the pictures taken, and free to view them online when you return home (they are viewable for 30 days).
    - photographers are usually set up in the nicest photo spots. They will take a picture with your camera as well as with theirs. And you won't have to worry that the nice person you just handed your camera to is going to run off with it.
    - they have all sorts of borders and other enhancements you can add to the pictures online, for free. The photographers can also pose you for some very cute pictures with characters added in digitally - like Tinker Bell in the palm of your hand, or Stitch popping out of a hat you're holding.
    - Yes, if you buy the individual pictures they run $12.95 and up, but if there is one special group photo with a border, it may be worth it for that special memory.
    - You can give your photocard info to someone still at home, and they can view the pictures while you're still on your trip. I did that when I was traveling solo - called my husband with the card #, and he could show the pictures to the kids each night. Which may or may not be considered child abuse in some states.... "look, here's mommy in Disney World and you're stuck here with dad"

It's free, so there is no harm in trying it once or twice while you're there.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Photopass is nice and yes we purchased a few. It was our kid's first time. But the 120+ pictures I took on my digital camera were great. I took the memory card to our local drug store that has a Kodak Picture Maker. Popped the card in, and was able to edit and resize any picture we took. Was even able to enhance pictures that we wanted to spruce up. At about 16 cents a picture plus the sale they were having, we got a great deal. And I still have them on my computer.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    another good thing about photopass is when you login and edit your photos with all the cute borders and even tags and such, you can share them by entering your friend's email addresses - this is great for all those people that ask to see pictures from your trip - NO COST!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Photopass is great....even though both my DH & I both had our digital cameras 24/7... .we got photos taken everywhere on the photopass & emailed the Photopass details to all our friends & family .we left behind in the UK........ & they got to see all our pics..sometimes before we did. Also I found out sinse then , that you can purchase the CD from Disney with all your photos on ( its $99 I think ) & then you can take it to get your photos done at say 4 x6 normal photo album size....much cheaper than buying all the big size ones which you get in Disney.Though it is lovely to buy those special ones in the large size. Also the photo shops will add enhancements & borders to your picture for no charge.even if you are not buying.......I,ll definately be getting all the photos done that I can next trip & will buy the CD of them on my last day to take home. Don,t miss out.............its fun.

I Belle
    Maggie

Thanks a bunch to all!!! How helpful everyone is I guess I'll keep an eye out for the photopass pictures - there may just be one good picture worth the expense.