Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Snow White: A Masterpiece? in the Ask The Experts forums; So, as a senior in high school, I am required to complete a final project for my AP english class... in which i already took my AP test. The concept ...
    egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Snow White: A Masterpiece?

So, as a senior in high school, I am required to complete a final project for my AP english class... in which i already took my AP test. The concept of the project is to pick something that you hold really close to you and you consider a Masterpiece. My teacher mentioned poems, songs, movies... anything. Obviously, I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarves... and it's UNDOUBTEDLY a masterpiece and has always been regarded as one.
    BUT!
    Can anyone help put into words WHY exactly it is a masterpiece...
    Aside from the fact that it like BEGAN the Disney industry that is known today...
    But I'd love to know other pieces of information if anyone has any!
    I'LL APPRECIATE ANYTHING !!!!!!!

THANK YOU.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    well, my personal favourite tidbit of info about SW was that at the premier, all of hollywood turned out, including the legandary Zanucks and Clark Gable. and everyone of the cried during it. So...the most powerful men in the entertainment industry were brought to tears over this cartoon, which was the first piece to be "serious", i.e. not so slapstick and goofy (pardon that pun). it paved the way for stories like the lion, beauty and the beast, lady and the tramp, bambi, and esentially any cartoon afterwards which was more than an easy laugh or thrill.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Turkey Leg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Wow where could I begin. I don't consider myself an expert but with my background I can give you some points why it should be considered a masterpiece!

1) First Full length animated movie!
    This is a remarkable point. Most studios laughed at Disney for trying this. No one would watch a cartoon that long. Cartoons were meant to just come before a feature, not BE a feature!

2) Movie was made under unbelievable odds!
    So many times Snow White almost did not get finished. Walt ran out of funds numerous times while trying to film this. Even some of his own workers said it could not be done.

3) The Invention of the Multi Plane camera!
    This invention that makes filming animation in layers to create depth was a breakthrough of incredible proportions! This idea led to so many other animation breakthroughs that never would have been discovered without it!

4) Life - Like humans!!
    Alot of people forget this is the first film where humans were animated "realistically"! Some movie goers were in awe when they saw Snow White. Humans were never animated life like, studios said it would be too difficult.

5) This Success lead to all others..

The major thing to remember about Snow White is that if it did not succeed many experts predict Disney would have failed. It succeeds so Disney moves on to other projects, and so on. No Snow White, No Disney World. It may have all started with a mouse, but the Fairest of them all threw out the first ball.

Ex-Castmember, DVC Member, Animation Expert. . . 100% Disney Maniac!

Next trip : October 2006 / Beach Club Villas.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I also think you have to add the fact that Walt received a very special Oscar for it. A truly one-of-a-kind award.

Turkey Leg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    * He actually received 7 little oscars also! *

Ex-Castmember, DVC Member, Animation Expert. . . 100% Disney Maniac!

Next trip : October 2006 / Beach Club Villas.

wow.
    i am so excited!
    this is awesome and my teacher, who really has no idea what he's doing because he's like 20 and cares less about school than i do, will be so impressed!
    KEEP IT COMING THOUGH!!!!!
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    do you happen to have the dvd special edition? If so, there is lots of history on the 2nd disc. I think this is a wonderful project by the way! I hope to hear about how your teacher appreciate all of your hard work!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Yes of COURSE I have the special edition DVD!
    I have been meaning to watch it forever now and I just can't remember to.
    But Yeah, thats an awesome idea.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /