Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 2 children who don't like thrill rides in the Ask The Experts forums; I have an 8 year old and a 13 year old girl who don't like fast rollacoasters or thrill rides. I have an 11 year old boy who loves them. ...
    tspidell is offline A-Ticket holder

Question 2 children who don't like thrill rides

I have an 8 year old and a 13 year old girl who don't like fast rollacoasters or thrill rides. I have an 11 year old boy who loves them. He could go off with his dad for part of the time. We will be getting a 6 day hopper pass for a stay at disney in Sept. What attractions do you recommend at the various parks for the non-thrill seekers?

Thanks.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    well i'm not a big thrill seeker
    BUT....
    i love space mountain and thats a roller coaster!!
    but i do not go on tower of terror or rock n roller coaster or splash mountain
    but i do ride everything else
    there is loads of good stuff for your preferences of attractions
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    There is so much more to Disney than thrill rides. Some of the classic rides at the Magic Kingdom are so much fun, but not drop your stomach type rides. Be sure to start in Adventureland and ride Jungle Cruise, Pirates and check out the Tiki Tiki Tiki room.....

Animal Kingdom provides some great shows like the Festival of the Lion King and lots of character and animal interractioin. Be sure to ride the train out to Rafikki's Planet Watch!

Epcot has some great thrill rides, but don't let those kids get out of riding Soarin'! I would describe that ride as a thrill, but not in the way you are meaning. Visiting all the countries is a lot of fun too - be sure to get a passport for that 8 year old and visit all the KidCot stations - they have these in FutureWorld as well as the World Showcase.

MGM Studios is well known for it's 2 big thrills - Tower of Terror and Aerosmith Rockin'Roller Coaster. But head to your left when you enter the park and check out the thrills of the Lights Motors Action Stunt Show!!!!

Hope this helps....enjoy your trip!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    well ANYTHING really. peter pan's flight is incredible, the safari, idiana jones stunt spectacular....do it all. not into the thrill rides? well thats not what disney is all about, so not to worry. i myself am TERRIFIED of tower of terror....but anyways...splash mountain itsn't really a thrill ride, save for the big plunge at the end. but i guarentee its a must see. the ride is about seven minutes long and i think its one of the greatest things disney has ever done. the other roller costers - big thunder mountain, space mountain, rockin roller coaster, and then dinosaur (which is also incredible but tres scary) tower of terror, test track and mission space are great, but if the kids don't like em, no problem. there is so much more to do. but if they change their minds, thunder mountain is probably the easiest to take, as its outside, rather than in the dark (ala space mountain). theres tom sawyer island, the jungle treks, rafikis planet watch, the shows.....like i already said, there is no end to what you can do.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT tspidell!

You might pick up a copy of Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids, by Kids. It gives "thrill" and "scariness" ratings, as well as lots of good descriptions of everything in the parks. My 13 yr. old still wants a copy before our trips, and it would be perfect for the younger two.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    For the less adventuresome - MK: It's A Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Cinderella's Carrousel, Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey's country Hosue, *Mickey's PhilharMagic, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Liberty Square Riverboat. It it's just highest and speed, then Haunted Mansion would be OK too. Epcot: Just about everything but Test Track (speed), Mission Space (feeling of height and speed), and Norway ride. Definite dos: Turtle Talk and Illuminations. Studios: The Great Movie Ride, Muppet Vision 3-D. Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris.

There are plenty of shows and entertainment in all the parks. I didn't list them all. If the dare devils want to break up some of the exciting rides with other activities, you'll still have plenty of time together. I never rode ANY roller coasters as a child. I learned to like them after I rode Space Mountain. There are some "beginner" roller coasters in the dinosaur area of Animal Kingdom.

Have a great time!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.