Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Should adults wear Mickey ears in public?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Ears - yes or no? in the Ask The Experts forums; WEAR THE EARS! It's Disney World! You're on vacation! Let loose and have some fun! I think ears just scream "MOUSEKETEER HERE!" and they're really cool. I'm trying to refrain ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Ears - yes or no?

WEAR THE EARS! It's Disney World! You're on vacation! Let loose and have some fun! I think ears just scream "MOUSEKETEER HERE!" and they're really cool.

I'm trying to refrain from writing a paragraph or two, so yeah that's about it! Put on your Mickey Shirt, Sunglasses, Crocs, jewelry, temporary tattoos, MOUSE EARS, get your pal mickey hooked onto your mickey mouse backback, your disney pin trading lanyard, your disney wallet, your Mickey underwear, and your Park ticket and go have the most magical time of your life! haha.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't wear the hats. First, they get too hot. The only time I wear a hat at WDW is during Christmas, when I'll wear my black "Bah Humbug" Santa hat. People seem to love that thing. First they ask where I bought it so they can go buy one too, and when I tell them I brought it from home, some ask if they can take a picture with me. Hysterical.

Proud to have brought the count up to 12.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

I got my first pair of MM ears in 1987 when I was 5 and every trip have bought and worn new ears of various characters. Particularly love my Malificent horns from DLR Paris and have a fab picture of me wearing with Chip and Dale dressed as ghosts. Last trip to WDW (was 24) I got new MM ears with my name embroided on the back and my (now) hubbie got a Goofy hat and we had our Pal Mickey out with us every day and he's in most of our holiday photos! Ears are so much fun, I've used them for charity dressup days at work and even sit with them on when I'm on surfing the tin'terweb
    Kungaloosh!!

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

WEAR THE EARS!!! It's Disney! I love those ears...
    I have a pear of ears, but they are from 200 and I don't weant to get them hurt. Plus, I go them when I was younger, so they are a little small. I love those ears and only wish I could wear them to the parks...
    I love it when people wear those ears! Except don't wear them on rides, but otherwise wear them with pride!!!

Everyone needs a little Spark of Imagination...

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Ears from the year 200!!! That's some antique; I'd put them up for auction, myself.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by tasha36 View Post
    For our trip this year, I would love new MM ears as I had mine when I was 8 and they are a bit tatty now! However, my bf says that no-one over 16 should wander through the parks wearing plastic ears and that he doesn't want to look stupid! He has never been before, but to be honest I don't remember seeing too many adults wearing ears! What do the rest of you think?
    Your boyfried is a wise, wise man. Keep the ears at home.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Simonhp is offline A-Ticket holder

if you like them wear them

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

You'd be in good company. Ears are a big Disney tradition for us that we never outgrew.

My family is a little older...no one is younger than 16 anymore. Everyone, including parents, SO's/spouses, and my grandmother, wear the ears with our names embroidered on them. Especially in the Magic Kingdom.

We also select a day the men get a break and the ladies wear princess tiaras. My sister styles hair as a hobby and she gives us a more mature look than the super-glittery BBB.

If you like them, wear them.
    Last edited by Aww Phooey; 05-24-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

MHWeaver913 is offline A-Ticket holder

I got the cheaper of the 2 Sorcerer Mickey Ear Hats in March and I wore it every day in the parks and I'll do so again when I go back in September.. It just felt right LOL

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... my g/f asks me, "are you gonna wear mickey ears when we go...?" my response... "ummm.... no... were you expecting me to...?" she said, "yeh kinda..." my second response... "sorry to lead you on..."

yeh im not a fan of mickey ears... actually i never wore them... i have a pair at home... a souvenir... but thats about it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

but to answer the question... in public... no i wouldnt wanna see a person shopping at the supermarket wearing ears, but in WDW its ok... u will not be looked down on if thats what your asking... for me i never saw the appeal...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

I want to get one of the mouse ears headbands when I go this year. On a side note thoguh you said your bf thinks park security will throw you out naw they won't! Park security are cool one of my best memories from my first visit when I was small was from park security joking with me. They used to sell invisible dog leads in the park and I had got one and one of park security came over and said he was goingt o have to put me out cos they don't allow dogs in the park. I was only ten and gullible and started to panick but he took the lead and put the harness in the sky and said if you hold it like this you can stay cos we do allow giraffes in the park! It was so funny after! But yeah they're cool and sooo get mouse ears!

Mike M is offline A-Ticket holder

I am a 50-year old Navy SATCOM Engineer with a high level, high-stress job. When I go to Disney, all I want is:

1) No stress
    2) Forget about work
    3) Become a kid again for a week

If it looks silly for a 50 year old man to walk around the Magic Kingdom with a Pal Mickey and mouse ears, then so be it. I am there for vacation, relaxation, and just to enjoy a wonderful week off in a magical place. Getting into the spirit of disney with something as simple as wearing mouse ears is half the fun. I am not worried and could not care less about what anybody else thinks. Why should you?

Thanks. Mike M

eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I will wear my ears : proudly! I have also worn Eeyore ears and DH has worn Goofy ears. Disney is all about having fun! And as long as you are happy wearing your ears, don't worry about what anyone else thinks! Hakuna Matata!
    Last edited by eeyore1974; 05-26-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

April 2001 - All Star Movies
    September 2002 - All Star Music
    May 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - All Star Movies
    October 2008 - Pop Century (1 night solo tour)
    June 2010 - Pop Century

Hope to be taking a Cruise on Disney Magic in 2012...fingers crossed.

tmann12161 is offline A-Ticket holder

Not sure I'd wear them to a college football game, but in the World? Definitely yes!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast