Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Refillable mugs in the Ask The Experts forums; Ive just come back from WDW we stayed at All Star Movies and found that the refillable mugs were great value and saved us a lot of money. We are ...
    butch61 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Refillable mugs

Ive just come back from WDW we stayed at All Star Movies and found that the refillable mugs were great value and saved us a lot of money.

We are looking at going to one of the Moderate resorts next year and i wondered if if they do the same thing there?

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    They do. Most (if not all) of the resorts have them and they are definitely worth the money! Plus, they make a nice little souvenir to take home.

butch61 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey thanks Stitch
    yeah they really saved us money! and yes we brought them home. i lived on root beer while i was there! i love the stuff! its the first time we have stayed in Disney! and it was the best holiday ever!!! so i think i will be booking for a moderate resort for next year now i know about them mugs!
    what an amazing atmosphere at The Magic Kingdom at night Spectromagic and Wishes!! makes a grown man cry!!!
    Walt Disney World Forever

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Oo. Free refills in WDW?! Why have I not heard of this. I got to try them out.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Every resort that We have gone to has offered a mug, which You can't beat the free refills at your resorts food court. They do not want You using a cup from a different resort other than the resort You purchased this one in. I am not sure if they offer new disigns for the mugs each year.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by butch61
    Hey thanks Stitch
    yeah they really saved us money! and yes we brought them home. i lived on root beer while i was there! i love the stuff! its the first time we have stayed in Disney! and it was the best holiday ever!!! so i think i will be booking for a moderate resort for next year now i know about them mugs!
    what an amazing atmosphere at The Magic Kingdom at night Spectromagic and Wishes!! makes a grown man cry!!!
    Walt Disney World Forever
    No problem butch! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful trip! And I absolutely agree that night time at the Magic Kingdom is such and incredible place to be. You're going to have a great time staying at a moderate resort as well.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I still have my Disney refillable mug from 2002 and I use it all the time. It's great for taking out in the garden as it won't break. I will definately get a new one the minute I arrive at Coronado Springs!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I didn't find the refillable mug to be a good deal. I love the cup, that's why I bought it, BF and I would fill it on our way out for the day, and it was empty be the time we got to the park, we'd fill it on our way back to the room and it was gone before we knew it. I'd love it was a little bigger.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Can someone give me some details on the refillable mug thing? I would love to pass the info along to the group I am taking down in September. How much does it cost? What types of drinks are included? Can you use it anywhere except at your own resort? thanks in advance.
    Mary

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    i think its 11.99. it can be filled with soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, anything that comes out of a spout i guess. Its only supposed to be used at the resort you are staying at. I think it is definetely worth it, I probably had at least 3 pops a day when relaxing at the room. 3 a day would have well passed 12 bucks by the end of the week.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thank you. I know we got the mugs aboard a Princess Cruise and it was totally worth it. There are so many ways to add value to your vacation and this is just one more. Especially since it is not for just soda. I can drink my weight in coffee in the mornings

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneycdk
    Can someone give me some details on the refillable mug thing? I would love to pass the info along to the group I am taking down in September. How much does it cost? What types of drinks are included? Can you use it anywhere except at your own resort? thanks in advance.
    Mary
    Refillable mugs are available at every resort. They are good ONLY at that resort, and only during the length of THAT stay. You can't bring them back and use them the next time you visit WDW. Sure, we've all seen people do it, but it's such a tacky and low-class thing to steal soft drinks! It's also a terrible example they're setting for their kids, that it's OK to steal sometimes.

The refillable mugs are good for soft drinks, coffee, and maybe a few other things. At Pop Century I've read there's a "frozen Coke" machine that you can fill a Pop mug with, too.

At least last year, the refillable mug cost $11.99. A regular soda cost $2, so if you drank 6 mugs-full during your stay you break even, if you drink more than 6 then it was worth the money.

I never dreamed of taking my refillable mug to drink while I'm heading to a park, because you can't use it at any park but you'd still have to carry it with you all day.

For a soda-holic like me, it was a great deal. I probably got my money's worth by the end of my first full day there.

A lot of people also like to have the mugs at home as souvenirs.
    -- Eric

I can see taking it to the parks if only to refill at the water fountains. We are pretty wimpy up here so with the heat in Florida we drink water constantly while we are there. And it would be nice not to have to always look for a water fountain. In previous trips when we stayed in units with a freezer, we froze water bottles the night before and took them with us to the parks. Carried in a back pack they felt pretty good and then were thawed out by the time we were thirsty. I miss being able to stay at the Disney Institute. I loved the tree houses. Sigh...

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    I too miss the Disney Institute. It was like a home away from home. Oh the memories.................
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    My dad is a big coffee drinker, so it was a good thing for him to have. I was cutting down on my cola intake during our last trip, so I didn't get one for myself.
    It is always a great souvenir and if you are there longer than a weekend, it is a good deal. Just remember, you have to go by your food court to fill it up to get it to count.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast