Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss PalMickey Update in the Ask The Experts forums; On a site called www.palmickey.net , the author writes: Pal Mickey Version 2 (" Special Edition ") was released on April 20th of 2005. Features of the new version include: ...
    skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!

PalMickey Update

On a site called www.palmickey.net, the author writes:
    Pal Mickey Version 2 ("Special Edition") was released on April 20th of 2005. Features of the new version include:
    - 25% of the content has been updated
    - Additional character greetings, showtime reminders and attraction short wait tips
    - New celebration theme park attraction and entertainment tips
    - Interactive trivia questions replacing 50% of the jokes
    - Increased volume of voice
    - 3 additional games (now has 6)
    - 7 sing-alongs
    - Interacts with new glow medallions
    - Removable tux jacket
    - Carrying lanyard
    - Rain poncho, pin trading, safari and tourist outfits are now available in selected shops at the WDW Resort, parks, and Downtown Disney!

Note About Older Versions of Pal Mickey: Due to the misinformation on certain message boards, I called the Main Street Cinema at the Magic Kingdom to verify. Cast Member John has CONFIRMED that the older Pal Mickey (any version prior to the HCOE version) can only be "updated" with the park's daily information (parade and show times, etc. - as stated in the instruction booklet) and can NOT be "updated" in any other way. In reality, their use of the term "updating" means to "re-set" him to enable him to receive signals from the emitters and to properly respond. However, the older Pal Mickeys can NOT be made to provide information on any of the newer attractions (Soarin', LMA, Everest, etc.), or to have the latest features (singing, louder voice, new games, trivia, interacting with the Glow medallion). These are the facts. I hate to see people buying the original at a huge discount and being disappointed that he won't do what they thought. The original Pal can still be fun (both of mine "do the parks" together often), but has limited capabilities. If you have an older Pal and would like to "trade up" to a new one, you can at this time do that at the Main Street Cinema for $40 with your trade in. They did not have that offer when the new Pal first came out, but I am sure this will be for a "limited time only."
    Does anyone know if this is completely true? Also, has anyone upgraded from original to the new one? Thanks

oh yeah, and also has anyone heard if they are bringing out a new one for year of a million dreams?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Why couldn't they have done it right the first time? I would dearly love Pal Mickey to be a little louder, and of course, leaving out Soar'n and Everest is a bummer. Guess I'll have to weigh the differences and see if I want to "trade up".
    Last edited by mini-V; 07-24-2006 at 11:59 AM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Yeah, I think i'm going to wait until they come out with a new celebration mickey, incase they do something else special with him. I have an original, which do you have?
    GO RED SOX!!!!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    OMG! I have been looking forward to buying my Pal Mickey the minute we get to WDW but I didn't know you could buy outfits for him too!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha36
    OMG! I have been looking forward to buying my Pal Mickey the minute we get to WDW but I didn't know you could buy outfits for him too!!
    Yeah! I saw a family with a Pal Mickey last week with a raincoat on it! It was fitting, too, since it poured all day!
    Tina

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes this was all true in June when we went. My sister has the original version and I have the new one which my husband purchased last October. Hers was having some problems and we took it to the Main Street Cinema several time and they said they can currently offer a new one for $40.00 with the trade in of her old one. She didn't do this as another Cast Member/Manager from another area of Disney suggested she not trade it in as it is an original with a different colored battery cover and it would be worth more in the long run.

As far as clothing goes, they had 6 outfits and a few accessories. I bought the rain coat set which includes the rain coat, boots, and a hat. I LOVE IT!!! Great Idea to whomever thought of this!

I just hope they don't keep changing Pal Mickey due to updates and that they have the capability to update as we visit. They offered to update my Pal Mickey when we were there. They can also change the 'nose' if the sensors are not operating correctly at the Main Street Store.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was going to buy one in August, but won't be making a trip back until new years. are there real rumors that there might be a new Pal Mickey, even though there really aren't any new rides.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

not sure ann, but i have the poncho. SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO RED SOX!!!!

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Do they sell a Mickey plush that would fit the clothing?
    I would think so, and I want to get the poncho, but I don't want to buy a Pal Mickey.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

yeah, i think they might have one similar, in size, but i would buy one a little smaller because i found the poncho ran small on my pal.
    GO RED SOX!!!!