Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Crowds in August... in the Ask The Experts forums; How crowded is it in August? I know as far as visitors from FL it won't be bad because our school starts so early, but I'm wondering if it's still ...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!

Crowds in August...

How crowded is it in August? I know as far as visitors from FL it won't be bad because our school starts so early, but I'm wondering if it's still as busy as the summertime? I would guess late August-November would be okay, but I'm not exactly sure.
    Tina

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    you are correct...crowds begin to die down starting in mid aug or so. Plus, you will find good discounts on Disney hotels starting Aug. 27 or so, sometimes as little as $59 a night at the value resorts! However, labor day wkend (Sept2-4) tends to get a little crowded. Other than that, its smooth sailing. Hope this helps and have a fun trip!
    The Goofy Princess

Funny thing, I went on my birthday August 28th and it was DEAD! You heard correctly, dead. everything was about 5 minutes, Space 10 maybe, but it was not crowded at all.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Arianne31 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm hoping for no crowds since we'll be up for my bday starting August 30th. I haven't been to Disney in August for about 5 years but back then the school year started later. Here's hoping for the best!
    Arianne

ari & jay

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    The main problem with going end of August is if your vacation runs over into Labor Day weekend which is a very crowded time, last chance in summer. August is when crowds are thinning out and September is thin but Labor Day is packed and I was there on Labor Day but it was 2 weeks long vacation there and I was a single traveler.

Lani is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne31
    I'm hoping for no crowds since we'll be up for my bday starting August 30th. I haven't been to Disney in August for about 5 years but back then the school year started later. Here's hoping for the best!
    I'm going the same time you are! Happy birthday in advance!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    my birthday is also August 28th and I'm going from August 27-Sept 1 going to the beach for labor day.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Lani is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    my birthday is also August 28th and I'm going from August 27-Sept 1 going to the beach for labor day.
    Wow, how cool, we'll be there at the same time. We're going August 31st-Sept 6th.

We grew up in Fort Lauderdale and had season passes. I'd wager we went at least 30-40 times while lived down there. But, now we live in North Carolina, so when we go, we try to stay for as long as we can and stay on property, even if some years we have to stay at value resorts.

This will be our first time at the All Stars Movie resort, so I'm excited to see something new!

Arianne31 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yay! We should celebrate our bdays with some cake and ice cream! I'm so excited about this trip. I have a countdown calendar at work - right in front of my face just so I don't forget I have something to look forward to! I'm just not that excited about getting older...
    Arianne

ari & jay