Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss No Expiration Option in the Ask The Experts forums; We are planning on buying 7-day tickets, but only spend 4 days in the parks. I know we will have to get the no expiration option. I was just wondering ...
    hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again

No Expiration Option

We are planning on buying 7-day tickets, but only spend 4 days in the parks. I know we will have to get the no expiration option. I was just wondering if we have to pay $55 because it's a 7-day ticket or do you pay according to how many days are left? In our case, it was be $10 a ticket for 3 days left. I am pretty sure we will have to pay $55 a ticket, but $10 would be a lot better.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    did you check the disney.com website? they tell you all of the rules, restrictions, charges, etc. that would be the most reliable source...
    The Goofy Princess

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    We are planning on buying 7-day tickets, but only spend 4 days in the parks. I know we will have to get the no expiration option. I was just wondering if we have to pay $55 because it's a 7-day ticket or do you pay according to how many days are left? In our case, it was be $10 a ticket for 3 days left. I am pretty sure we will have to pay $55 a ticket, but $10 would be a lot better.
    You are correct, you pay based on the original length of the ticket, not how many days remain.

Good thing to know, too - you can add the no expiration option any time before the tickets expire (14 days after first use). This is handy if you don't buy it ahead of time but end up not using all your days for some reason.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks Pat! That had really been bothering me. I had looked several places trying to find the answer. I had checked disneyworld.com, but it had said the same as everything else. I know $55 a tickets sounds a bit much when you know you aren't going to use all the days, but each day still comes out cheaper.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Hillary,

If you're going to buy the no expiration option, you might want to look into getting more than 7 days. I belive once you get to 4 or 5 days it's only a couple of dollars to add a day. An extra couple of dollars would be worth another day at Disney.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Hillary,

If you're going to buy the no expiration option, you might want to look into getting more than 7 days. I belive once you get to 4 or 5 days it's only a couple of dollars to add a day. An extra couple of dollars would be worth another day at Disney.
    We looked into that, but for 8,9, and 10 days it's $100 for the no expiration option. The days come out $9 cheaper, but we can't pay out $500 all at one time once we get down there.
    - Hillary