Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pirates of the Caribbean in the Ask The Experts forums; I heard this story one time about Pirates of the Caribbean where CM's have to say hi and goodbye George every day and if they don't the ride doesn't work. ...
    iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pirates of the Caribbean

I heard this story one time about Pirates of the Caribbean where CM's have to say hi and goodbye George every day and if they don't the ride doesn't work. I also heard that if you are on the ride and you say George's name 3 times then the ride will breakdown.

Thanks
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    well i have heard similar things
    but not about the breakdown part
    i have heard that if CM's don't say hello to George in the AM the ride might experience some technical difficulties
    and same thing in the PM
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Mag...L/Pirates.html

Not stealing so here is summary of what a cast member said. There was a worker named George who fell from the tower inside the ride. At night you say good night to him or the next day with in three boats it totally shuts down.

I will research more about this ghost but seems it is the biggest Mouse myth or real, who knows.

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    ok that is just really creepy...
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    The problem is that nobody has posted social security records, Florida death records, newspaper clippings or any other proof that anyone has died on Pirates of the Caribbean ever, not even cast members or other employees. Without any proof it is believe to be just a story. There has to be some evidence that this really happened and there is none.