Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss inch by inch quote...help needed!! in the Ask The Experts forums; Well I've been looking for about 15 minutes now to find this and the closest I can get is this: Please take it slow and steady and remember what that ...
    WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    Well I've been looking for about 15 minutes now to find this and the closest I can get is this:

Please take it slow and steady and remember what that famous Disney cat said: "Inch by inch, life is a cinch! Yard by yard, it gets very hard!"

Taken from: http://barbaria.com/akademe/edr798/l04.htm
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I saw that cat quote too, which I thought would narrow it down a lot, so I checked out the cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland, and fast forwarded through the Aristocats looking to see if it was someting Thomas o Malley said, but still no luck.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

teachrmk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Believe it or not, I have spent days searching this quote! I not only saw the quote @barbaria.com, but I also Emailed the web master at the site to see if they can tell me which Disney cat they were quoting. I have yet to receive a reply =(
    This is one mysterious cat!! Now, I know why I prefer dogs!!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    With the teacher's age range, it could be from the movie Homeward Bound (1993) or Homeward Bound II (1996)

They are the movies with Michael J. Fox as a dog's voice and Cindy Williams voiced the cat.

Looks like you will be renting a lot of movies this weekend

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Let's see how many other Disney movies with talking cats we can come up with. I don't really remember the cat from outer space all that well, but I am thinking that is one, also if you count "big cats" theres the Jungle Books Bagerha, theres Rufus from the Rescuers, I think there was at least one cat in One Hundred and one dalmations, also there's Oliver and company. I'm sure there are probably more too.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by teachrmk
    sadly, we have no other clues =(
    Will have a friend check at Costco for me.
    I really appreciate everyone's efforts, because this is making me nuts!!! :/
    From my extensive research the quote has been around for years and is an inspirational saying that has many, many different versions. It has been used by coaches, doctors, ministers, priests, teachers, etc. It has nothing to do with Disney. The author is unknown as reported by bigbrian.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    From my extensive research the quote has been around for years and is an inspirational saying that has many, many different versions. It has been used by coaches, doctors, ministers, priests, teachers, etc. It has nothing to do with Disney. The author is unknown as reported by bigbrian.
    Hi, Jiminy- we know that Disney didn't create quote, but the quote was used in a Disney film and we are trying to identify which movie it was.
    Of course, I may die of old age before the mystery is unraveled.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I looked for quotes from the movies "The cat from outer space" and "that darn cat"...so far no luck...

MickeyBabe- Homeward Bound sounds like a good bet...and we will definitely be HOME BOUND trying to view all of these movies!!!

I think BigBrian has already named most of the Disney cats...and I am drawing a blank on any others. However, I have a extremely allergic to to cats, so I may just be blacking them out of habit.

Will keep ya'll posted if I get anywhere with this!
    Thank you all for all of your efforts and I hope one of us figures this out at some point.

Stitch..thanks!! 2 less movies to watch!! Yea!!!!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Could it be from the movie "The three lives of Thomasina"? That movie has a talking cat and it seems like a movie that would have a quote like that.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    look at the next post
    Last edited by crashbunny; 10-21-2004 at 11:44 AM.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Is it from the three lives of Thomasina? Its a non animated movie with a cat doing the narration.
    did anyone watch this one yet?

nope...didn't see it =(

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I will watch it tomorrow (just for you )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast