Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss april/may crowds in the Ask The Experts forums; hey just a quick 1. could any body tell me what the crowds and park hours are like between april 22nd and may 6th? any help will br greatly appreciated...
    a_hobden is offline A-Ticket holder

Question april/may crowds

hey just a quick 1. could any body tell me what the crowds and park hours are like between april 22nd and may 6th? any help will br greatly appreciated

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I don't know about the rest of the country, but many Long Island schools have off the week of April 25th for Passover. I'd expect an increase of visitors from NY that week.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    April is one of the hardest months to accurately predict crowds, due to the fact that spring break is at different times in different parts of the United States. Sometimes when spring break crowds are particularly heavy the parks will open BEFORE the listed opening times, if you go in April the standard advice I give everyone at any time they are visiting WDW is doubly important ARRIVE EARLY. That said you are likely to hit larger crowds in April than you are in May. Though another standard piece of advice I give still apllies here too, avoid the Magic Kingdom on Saturdays, the combination of the normal amount of resort guest plus tons of locals makes this park a real zoo most Saturdays. My pick for Saturdays would probably be Epcot since it is the park best able to absorb crowds if it should be a particularly busy Saturday.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I have been twice from the last week of April to the first week of May (which happens to be when my birthday is) and I think it's one of the greatest times to go. Just check to see when the general student population is on spring break. Crowds are average, wait times are between (sometimes) walk-on, to upwards of 60 minutes for the e-type rides. The weather is perfect around that time and the parks are usually open from around 7-10 or so. Sometimes earlier sometimes later, it all depends what's going on at night (parades, fireworks, etc). You might run into some spring-breakers but don't let it ruin your trip. You're going to have a blast, just make sure you take lots of pictures and most importantly, HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Crowds this time of the year might be larger but they are not as busy as the summer. The closer to May they smaller the crowds will be as everyone is getting those last few moments at school before the summer party starts.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    The two weeks prior and the two weeks after Easter have become some of the busiest at WDW according to the many CM's I have talked too over the years. Also, not as many teenagers visit now as they now tend to "party" in Cancun and Panama City for Spring Break.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

mrskpete is offline A-Ticket holder

Arrow crowds in April/May

Quote Originally Posted by a_hobden
    hey just a quick 1. could any body tell me what the crowds and park hours are like between april 22nd and may 6th? any help will br greatly appreciated
    I am not sure about then, but from a book I have it has it listed as moderate. We are going the week following Easter. However, we are going towards the end of our vacation to try to cut down on the crowds and same books said these days were also moderate. I sure hope it is. I know we will stand in lines regardless, but I don't want them to be so long we fall asleep in them and have mini meltdowns from kids.

MRSKPETE