Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Annual Pass Myths in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey gang, I have a bunch of Annual pass questions I need definite answers to...
1) Does an annual pass start when you buy it, or when you first use ...
Annual Pass Myths
Hey gang, I have a bunch of Annual pass questions I need definite answers to...
1) Does an annual pass start when you buy it, or when you first use it?
2) Is it true that if we have tickets already purchased we can put them toward the price of the annual pass??
3) And finally is it only the actual DVC member who can get a discount or can the DVC member buy multiple passes?
Ex-Castmember, DVC Member, Animation Expert. . . 100% Disney Maniac!
Next trip : October 2006 / Beach Club Villas.
Originally Posted by Turkey Leg
1) When you first use it, unless you upgrade your Magic Your Way Ticket, then it will be the first day you ised magic your way ticket.
2) As long as the ticket is unused or used within the past 14 days. I think you can use a non-expiring ticket, but something will be deducted.
3)That I don't know
I'm going to upgrade my Magic your way ticket when i get there.
You may buy DVC-discounted annual passes for everyone in your immediate family, as long as they're living at the same address as the member. When you activate the pass they ask for identification (usually a driver's license for adults).
If you purchase your AP online or at the Disney Stores, it is not activated until you go to the parks. In fact, what you receive is not actually your AP. So, the date you first go to the parks, that is the day your countdown to extinction (oh sorry) expiration will start.
If you have tickets, you should be able to apply non-expired, non-used days towards the price of an AP.
And last, I know nothing about DVC, sorry.
Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!
One clarification on the "when does it start" question. If you buy your pass online, over the phone, through the Disney Store, from DVC member services, or anywhere other than the places I'm about to list, you get a voucher for an AP, not an active AP. You will have to turn the voucher in at any Guest Relations window at the parks to get an active AP, that will start that day.
If you purchase your AP from the following places, you get an activated AP that starts immediately:
- Any WDW major park ticket window
- Guest Relations at the major parks or at Downtown Disney and West Side (vouchers available on request only)
Dream Team Auction Coordinator
Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page
If you are re-newing an annual pass, it is active from the day the old one expired.
and one clarification on the trading in value of old tickets if you have multiple old tickets only one can be traded in towards the value of each AP
Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards
yeah, only the immediate family members living in the same household get the discount.
"Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
GO RED SOX!!!!
Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!
when you renew it starts the day your old one expires.