Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Annual Pass Myths in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey gang, I have a bunch of Annual pass questions I need definite answers to... 1) Does an annual pass start when you buy it, or when you first use ...
    Turkey Leg is offline C-Ticket Holder

Annual Pass Myths

Hey gang, I have a bunch of Annual pass questions I need definite answers to...

1) Does an annual pass start when you buy it, or when you first use it?

2) Is it true that if we have tickets already purchased we can put them toward the price of the annual pass??

3) And finally is it only the actual DVC member who can get a discount or can the DVC member buy multiple passes?

Thanks all!

Ex-Castmember, DVC Member, Animation Expert. . . 100% Disney Maniac!

Next trip : October 2006 / Beach Club Villas.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Leg
    Hey gang, I have a bunch of Annual pass questions I need definite answers to...

1) Does an annual pass start when you buy it, or when you first use it?

2) Is it true that if we have tickets already purchased we can put them toward the price of the annual pass??

3) And finally is it only the actual DVC member who can get a discount or can the DVC member buy multiple passes?

Thanks all!

1) When you first use it, unless you upgrade your Magic Your Way Ticket, then it will be the first day you ised magic your way ticket.

2) As long as the ticket is unused or used within the past 14 days. I think you can use a non-expiring ticket, but something will be deducted.

3)That I don't know

I'm going to upgrade my Magic your way ticket when i get there.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

ghost1000 is offline A-Ticket holder
    You may buy DVC-discounted annual passes for everyone in your immediate family, as long as they're living at the same address as the member. When you activate the pass they ask for identification (usually a driver's license for adults).
    ~*~*~*~*~*

--Rita

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    If you purchase your AP online or at the Disney Stores, it is not activated until you go to the parks. In fact, what you receive is not actually your AP. So, the date you first go to the parks, that is the day your countdown to extinction (oh sorry) expiration will start.

If you have tickets, you should be able to apply non-expired, non-used days towards the price of an AP.

And last, I know nothing about DVC, sorry.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    One clarification on the "when does it start" question. If you buy your pass online, over the phone, through the Disney Store, from DVC member services, or anywhere other than the places I'm about to list, you get a voucher for an AP, not an active AP. You will have to turn the voucher in at any Guest Relations window at the parks to get an active AP, that will start that day.

If you purchase your AP from the following places, you get an activated AP that starts immediately:

- Any WDW major park ticket window
    - Guest Relations at the major parks or at Downtown Disney and West Side (vouchers available on request only)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    If you are re-newing an annual pass, it is active from the day the old one expired.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    and one clarification on the trading in value of old tickets if you have multiple old tickets only one can be traded in towards the value of each AP

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    yeah, only the immediate family members living in the same household get the discount.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    when you renew it starts the day your old one expires.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*