Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss ToT voice? in the Ask The Experts forums; No, not the person (Mark Silverman?) who does the Rod Serling impersionation. I'm wondering who did the voice that speaks as you wait to go into the library and once ...
    kdr
    kdr is offline A-Ticket holder

ToT voice?

No, not the person (Mark Silverman?) who does the Rod Serling impersionation. I'm wondering who did the voice that speaks as you wait to go into the library and once again as you wait to go into the ride vehicles.

Thanks in advance,

--Kevin

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've just been having this discussion on another forum, and the general thought is that it is a woman. I personally do not think it could be a man at all!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

kdr
    Yeah, I know about that thread. So far, there's just a lot of opinion there, no facts. That's what prompted me to join this forum and ask here. I was just kinda hoping that "Ask the Expert(s)" would perhaps bring up something more authoritative than an opinion -- no offence intended!

I'm beginning to think, though, that the answer may not be something that's known outside of Imagineering.

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Not sure if you guys have seen this: http://www.towerofterror.org/secrets.html

"Rod Serling's introduction to the attraction, as viewed on film in the Library, was taken in part from an episode of the series titled, "It's a Good Life." This episode told the story of a little boy who could use his mind to change things. Serling began the episode with the words, "Tonight's story on The Twilight ZoneŽ is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a . . ." Imagineers completed that introduction with new dialogue customized for the attraction. For continuity, Serling's own voice was overdubbed by asound-alike actor to blend with the newly-added narration."

kdr
    Yeah, that's pretty well known. In fact, I mentioned the name of the voice actor who did that Rod Serling impersonation in my initial message. That information is not terribly hard to find (a simple Google search will turn up most of that right at the top).

I'm looking for information on the other voice in the attraction queue areas.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh sorry, I read your message wrong

kdr
    No worries. It's just a bit weird -- people can't even agree on the gender of the person speaking!

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    this might sound silly, but the first time I rode tot I was scared to death. The special effects did it for me. Mindyou, I was mabye 8 or 9...

I still get chills, and I haven't ridden it in years...
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes