Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss By feet or monorail? in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok, for our winter trip, we're planning on staying at the Contemporary resort. One thing I heard is that it's much faster to simply walk to the Magic Kingdom rather ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

By feet or monorail?

Ok, for our winter trip, we're planning on staying at the Contemporary resort.

One thing I heard is that it's much faster to simply walk to the Magic Kingdom rather than take an express monorail.

Is this true.

Please consider we have a 6 and a 10 year old.

It's about 9 of us
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    it is not far at all to walk to the magic kingdom from the contemporary. Especially if you want to stay and watch the fireworks it is nice to not have to wait for a bus or monorail because they are so crowded at park closing time. However, the monorails don't take very long to get to the magic kingdom either. You don't have to wait too long for one to get to the contemporary and although you have to make stops at the other resorts on the monorail it is nice to just sit there and enjoy the scenery. I consider the monorail a ride in itself. And another plus is if you ride the monorail back to the hotel, the contemporary resort is the 1st stop so when you are tired you don't have to stop at the other resorts. so it really doesn't make too much of a difference. I would say walking is faster but the monorail is more fun.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's not far at all, but keep in mind that you'll be walking or standing a big portion of the day. Taking the monorail one or both ways will give you a small bit of a rest, which can come in handy (especially with some younger kids).

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    If it were me, I'd take the monorail to the park, and walk back. It is nice to not have to jam-packed like sardines into a monorail at the end of the day, and just walk back to the Resort.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    However, the resort monorails are fairly empty at the end of the night compared to the TTC monorail. If it were me and you plan to stay for the fireworks, I would walk there and ride the resort monorail back.
    Tina