Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss All Stars - layout and bus system in the Ask The Experts forums; I have stayed at Pop Century before, but only used the bus sytem once. I was not impressed. I am staying at All Star Music for a trip in the ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

All Stars - layout and bus system

I have stayed at Pop Century before, but only used the bus sytem once. I was not impressed.
    I am staying at All Star Music for a trip in the future and wondered if anyone that had stayed there could share with me their thoughts on what section is great and about the bus system.
    My last stay at Pop, I chose to drive to the parks because the buses were always full and just took FOREVER!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just came back from staying at the All Star Movie resort. i also stayed at the pop century a year ago. i dont have a preference in what section to stay in. the bus system was great at the Movies this past weekend. we barely had to wait more than 15 minutes at the most and most of the time we only waited a few minutes. i see yur going at christmas time, so that might give yu full busses since its busy then. im very jealous! i want to go at that time!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    From the Unofficial Guide to WDW
    All Star resorts.
    Strengths; low rates--food courts--convienient self park
    Weaknesses; no full service dining--small guest rooms--remote location--large confusing layouts

The closest rooms to the bus stops for ASM seem to be Calypso and Jazz Inn Walking time to the bus stop from the most remote guest rooms is about 8 minutes. As of last year the stops of pick up and drop offs are in this order Soorts, Music, Movies So you would be a middle stop
    Last edited by vixen101485; 08-30-2006 at 12:39 PM.

I am not going at a busy time...it says Christmas, but it will be my Christmas, but not actually Christmas - if that made any sense.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    an un-christmas party LOL

Sorta....but with Christmas elements...
    Wow, I thought a lot more people would give me their opinions.
    Thank goodness for Vix!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We stayed at AS movies last September (crowds are about the same as almost christmas time, LOL)

We chose the Mighty Ducks building. at first glance it sems really far away from the main building of ASMo, but we did this by design. The farther out buildings are ALWAYS quieter, and self parking is better (read:closer, we rented a car).

You might say "but then we have to walk a mile to eat or catch a bus!"

NOT SO! across the street and through the bushes (there's a path) is ASMu's Main building! as an All Star's Guest, you may use all of the facilities at all 3 resorts! so within close walking distance we had 2 pools, Symphony Hall, and a bus stop for the days we didnt drive to the parks! all with out paying the "Preferred" room rate! we were actually closer to Symphony hall than some of the ASMu "Preferred" rooms! Dining credits work at all counter service restuarants, regardless of location as well, so no prob there either. I asked a mangager at the dining location in symphony hall if we were okay to use our "Movies" refillable mug there and was told it was fine as long as it was purchased on this trip. I showed my reciept (he did politely ask, and i happened to be carrying it, so no prob there) and went about my way!

You can catch the bus at ASMu if you are staying at ASMo as well, they dont check your room card or anything, so thats cool too!

My feelings about the busses-

Unless you are going to MK, it is always faster to drive. and you have the convienince of being able to quickly go back to your resort whenever you please, W/o waiting for a bus. this is especially helpful if travelling with small kids. trying to get cranky kid, stroller, and diaperbag onto bus with 35 other tourists behind you pushing and shoving and generally being impaitent is a PIA if ya know what i mean!

I preferr to just throw the stroller in the trunk, kid in carseat, ac on full, and ride!
    If renting is not an option, or you have no kids, the busses are great, and you'll have no problems. Except in extreme circumstances, the busses generally run well, with the possible exception of busy times of year and around park open and closes.

So thats my advice as to busses location in the AS resorts, hope it helps.
    Last edited by BryanFykes; 09-05-2006 at 12:45 AM.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have stayed at both the All-Star resorts and at POP Century , in my opinion I like Pop better it was less crowded better organized bus stops with permanent queues to keep people organized and better bus transport because in All Star it's one bus for basicaly 3 resorts and at POP it's just one bus, so it's alot less crowded. Just my opinion I. I am happy just to be able to stay onsite no matter where it is. I even have camped in my tent at FW campground, that's fun if you don't mind camping
    Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just stayed at Sports and Pop and the bus service was better at ***. At Animal Kingdom and MGM all the all stars have one bus stop, but they are working on making them individual. I stayed at ASMu last new years and the service was fine, we always saw every bus but ours go by before ours. but that wasn't the case this time almost always the first or second bus we saw.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

LAroy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Stayed in All star music in 2002, I think the Jazz building. Right in the middle of the two pools there.

The buses were plentyful, crowded but quick. We were there in JULY (don't ask why!!).

LAroy

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I've stayed at All Star Movies and loved it but, I had a car... I have heard that at times the three All Star resorts share busses, and when they do this then all Star Sports becomes the best one to stay at if you are relying on the bus. The reason for this is that, in the morning, the busses being shared will stop at All Star Sports first so the busses may get filled up before they get to the other resorts, also, in the evening when you are returning and want to just get back to your room once again they are the first stop.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards