Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Soft Openings? in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone heard any more about soft openings this month and next? I'm curious to know when I can daytrip and see some of this new stuff!...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!

Soft Openings?

Has anyone heard any more about soft openings this month and next? I'm curious to know when I can daytrip and see some of this new stuff!
    Tina

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    The Living Seas With Nemo and Friends is set to open late October. I'm sure there will be soft openings during the middle of October. If there are, I'll make sure to get pictures.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    The Living Seas With Nemo and Friends is set to open late October. I'm sure there will be soft openings during the middle of October. If there are, I'll make sure to get pictures.
    The latest skuttlebut say it may not be until early November.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
    The latest skuttlebut say it may not be until early November.
    Eh, I dunno man. That's not what I've been hearing. Even Disney's website says it will be fully open by late October, so a soft opening during the middle of the month is not too far fetched at all. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...AttractionPage

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Eh, I dunno man. That's not what I've been hearing. Even Disney's website says it will be fully open by late October, so a soft opening during the middle of the month is not too far fetched at all. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...AttractionPage

The talk is that construction is 2-3 weeks behind schedule....which if true, I doubt Disney would be advertising it. Plus, Disney is notoriously well know for being slow in updating their own site.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

I know for a fact that they are only half a week to a week behind because of weather but it shouldn't make a significant difference at all. It's a safe bet to say that it will be open at the end of October or first week on November at the latest.

I know I'm new here so my credibility has yet to be proven, but I can assure you I know what I'm talking about 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
    The talk is that construction is 2-3 weeks behind schedule....which if true, I doubt Disney would be advertising it. Plus, Disney is notoriously well know for being slow in updating their own site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC Member Announcment

Preview Nemo's Undersea Adventure

Be among the first to experience Nemo's Undersea Adventure, the latest edition to Epcot at the Member preview, October 13-15, 2006. This new ride-through attraction will lead Epcot Guests down under with characters from the Disney/Pixar blockbuster film Finding Nemo.

Each Member who presents his/her Disney Vacation Club Member ID during the event may enjoy this preview with as many as three Guests.

Members should check in outside of The Living Seas pavilion and look for Cast Members in pink and khaki attire to direct them. Admission to Epcot is required.

Paid Theme Park admission is required for participation in this preview. Nemo's Undersea Adventure may experience some downtime during this preview period, and the attraction is subject to closure without notice.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    So that's just for the DVC members then
    Tina

Yeah but as soon as that is over everyone will be able to.