Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Candlelight Procession in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone heard any information on the Candlelight Procession 2006? I have been looking on the Disney site on special events and they dont have anything listed about it. It ...
    Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder

Candlelight Procession

Has anyone heard any information on the Candlelight Procession 2006? I have been looking on the Disney site on special events and they dont have anything listed about it. It seems like this time last year they would have at least mentioned something. Does anyone know if they plan on having it? Or if they are still doing the dinner thing? Any info would help!

Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    From www.allearsnet.com:

Candlelight Processional -- The tentative list of 2006 Narrators:
    Nov 24-26 -- David Robinson - One of the top centers of his era, David "The Admiral" Robinson was a marvel of a basketball player. David played for the San Antonio Spurs.
    Nov 27-29 -- John O'Hurley - Award-winning actor, show host, advertising hero and feature film star. He is best known for "Dancing with the Stars" and his portrayal of J. Peterman on "Seinfeld".
    Nov 30-Dec 2 -- Rita Moreno - Dancer, Singer and Actress, Rita Moreno is one of the few people to win an Oscar, a Tony, an Emmy and a Grammy. She has appeared in numerous "Law & Order" episodes along with "The Guardian" episodes.
    Dec 3-5 -- To be Announced
    Dec 6-8 -- To be Announced
    Dec 9-11 -- Steven Curtis Chapman - The winner of 4 Grammy Awards and 47 Dove Awards, this Contemporary Christian Music Artist has recorded 13 albums, appeared on TV shows and contributed to numerous movie soundtracks.
    Dec 12-14 -- Maureen McGovern - Award winning artist for "The Morning After" and known for "Can You Read My Mind" from the original Superman movie along with her work on Broadway and with the Broadway National Tour.
    Dec 15-17 -- Kirk Cameron - Actor best known as the loveable teenager Mike Seaver, from the series "Growing Pains". Kirk has recently appeared in the movie "Left Behind: Tribulation Force" and is reprising the role in the upcoming film "Left Behind: World War III."
    Dec 18-20 -- Lou Diamond Phillips - Actor most noted for his memorable portrayal of rock pioneer Ritchie Valens in the film, "La Bamba."
    Dec 21-23 -- Cuba Gooding Jr. - Will always be remembered for "Show Me the Money" in "Jerry Maguire", has also starred in numerous movies including: "Home on the Range", "Radio", "Pearl Harbor", "Snow Dogs", "Tuskegee Airmen", and "Rat Race."
    Dec 24-26 -- Gary Sinise - Currently starring on TV's "CSI: New York" as Detective Mac Taylor. He's also featured as the CapCom in Epcot's "Mission: Space" preshow. His numerous movies include "Forrest Gump", "Apollo 13", "Mission to Mars", and "The Big Bounce."
    Dec 27-30 -- Marlee Matlin - Academy Award winner for "Children of a Lesser God." Marlee has had roles in numerous series including: "Spin City", "ER", "Judging Amy", "The Practice" and "The West Wing."

What is the Candlelight Processional?

A Disney tradition now in its 36th year (2006), the Candlelight Processional is a moving presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra.

Where and when does it take place?
    This event takes place in the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase in Epcot. It is an outdoor (uncovered, not climate controlled) setting and is not cancelled due to inclement weather. It is recommended you dress accordingly.

It begins November 24 and runs every evening until December 30. Shows are approximately 40 minutes. Each evening there are three shows -- 5:00pm, 6:45pm, 8:15pm
    Last edited by skiyalater; 09-07-2006 at 06:17 PM.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Is there a charge to see the Candlelight Processional?
    No, it is included in your admission to Epcot. There is, however, a dinner package available for purchase that includes a ticket to Reserved Seating for the Candlelight Processional.
    Seating without the dinner package is on a first come, first serve basis for each show. Folks line up 45 minutes (longer as you are closer to Christmas) before show time. 15 minutes prior to the show, seating is then opened up to those on line. Also, keep in mind if you wait in line for the 2nd or 3rd show of the night, that you will be hearing the show before yours as it is performed.
    You can always stroll by the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase to listen to the music and wonders of Christmas.
    If you wish to purchase the dinner package (explained below) with reserved seating, there is a charge.
    What does the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package include?
    2006 Dinner Packages began booking August 16th. Package is available Nov. 24 - Dec. 30, 2006
    IMPORTANT: I called back this morning (8/16) only to be told that the Alfredo's package was completely sold out for Dec 1st and most other dates during our Nov- early Dec trip! All this on the very first day of reservation availability! The cast member said they are extremely limited on package seating at Alfredo's. So, let the readers know not to delay in making (or trying to make) their Candlelight package dinner reservations, or they will be disappointed! Carol Pranis
    The package includes dinner at select Epcot restaurants and reserved general seating at the America Gardens Theatre. Package NOT available December 3 at 5:00 p.m. Park admission is not included. No merchandise discount. Magic Your Way Platinum Package is accepted. Magic Your Way Premium and plus dining requires one table service. at any of the restaurants listed below. Restaurant Akershus in Norway is not included in packages.
    You must eat PRIOR to your Candlelight show time!
    Must guarantee the package with a credit card when booking. Payment is made when you dine at which time yuou will be given your tickets for the general reserved seating.

Package includes a non-alcoholic beverage. Package does NOT include tax, gratuity or lobster entrees.
    Tier 1
    Lunch Pricing (5:00 pm Show) - Adults - $27.99 / Child (3-9) - $11.99
    Dinner Pricing (6:45 pm & 8:15 pm Shows)- Adults - $29.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99

Biergarten - Germany Pavilion
    The Garden Grill Restaurant - The Land

Tier 2
    Lunch Pricing (5:00 pm Show)
    - Adults - $34.99 / Child (3-9) - $11.99
    Dinner Pricing (6:45 pm & 8:15 pm Shows) - Adults - $39.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99

Nine Dragons - China Pavilion
    Rose & Crown - United Kingdom Pavilion
    Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco Pavilion
    San Angel Inn - Mexico Pavilion

Tier 3
    Lunch Pricing (5:00 pm Show) - Adults - $39.99 / Child (3-9) - $11.99
    Dinner Pricing (6:45 pm & 8:15 pm Shows)- Adults - $45.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99

Chefs de France - France Pavilion
    Coral Reef - The Living Seas
    L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante - Italy Pavilion
    Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada Pavilion
    Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room - Japan Pavilion
    How do I book the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package?
    Tickets for the 2005 Candlelight Processional dinners can be purchased as of August 15, 2005. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) to make reservations.

Do I still need an Advance Dining Reservation?
    YES! When you call to order your dinner package tickets, you will be asked to select a restaurant and time.
    Be sure to allow sufficient time to dine and get to the back of World Showcase. I recall having a 5:30 p.m. priority seating at Le Cellier for the 8:15 p.m. show. For whatever reason, we weren't seated at Le Cellier until 6:00 p.m. and at 8:05 p.m. had to run (just about) to the American Gardens Theatre to catch the show. The "reserved" seating area had already been opened up to non-package guests.
    Do I have a reserved seat at the show?
    Not exactly. There is a reserved section for those with the dinner package. The reserved section is front and center, behind any VIP seating. Within the reserved section, seating is on a first come, first serve basis, so if you want your choice of seats, you should arrive 30-45 minutes early. 15 minutes prior to the show beginning, available seating is opened up to folks without dinner package tickets.

Where do I enter the theater?
    If you stand in World Showcase directly in front of the America Gardens Theatre (facing the theatre), the line to the left side is for persons WITH Candlelight Dinner Tickets. The line to the right side is for first-come available seating. Be sure to check upon arrival so you are in the correct line!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    John O'Hurley! He's hosting the new season of Family Feud (thank God, no more Richrd Karn!)! This is exciting news that he'll be doing the Candlelight Processional!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks

Thanks for all the great info! I was beginning to think they were not having it this year.
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney