Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fort Wilderness Cabins in the Ask The Experts forums; Have you stayed there? Can you give me your thoughts? What about this Murphy bed - how big is it? It says that it can sleep 6....is that 6 dwarves?...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Fort Wilderness Cabins

Have you stayed there?
    Can you give me your thoughts?
    What about this Murphy bed - how big is it?
    It says that it can sleep 6....is that 6 dwarves?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I stayed at Ft Wildreness in 1996. The murphy bed is a double bed, comfortable from what I recall, my hubby and I slept on it.....in the bedroom is a double bed and a bunk bed....no dwarfs required, although kids may be more comfortable on bunk bed then adults, regular twin size beds

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I absolutely LOVE Fort Wilderness Cabins

My Review

The bed is definately decently sized. There is a bunk bed as well and usually a bed that pulls out of the wall. It's got all of your in-home ammenities such as a kitchen, sink, bathroom, television, dining table, etc. They're great.

Also, you get all the great benefits of being at Fort Wilderness! You have bike trails to go on, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review and Mickey's Backyard BBQ, The Mini Grocery Stores which I find absolutely adorable and a great little spot for the kids.

I also highly suggest getting a golf cart. They provide really easy access to the places across Fort Wilderness such as bus stops, the marina, check-in/out, etc.

However, you might need to do a little bit of squeezing. It fits 5 comfortably. I'm not sure about 6 though. I've never really tried. They seem spacious enough.

Another neato little thing about Fort Wilderness is that I (personally) love to wake up in the early morning and go exploring the forest. You will be very surprised to what you find there. You can find armadillos, the lawn mower tree, and nice woodland animals. And of course the not so nice wasps however.

So I highly suggest the Fort Wilderness Cabins if you have a large group.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    FW is of course my families favorite place to stay. You get to feel like you are far from the crowds and noise of the parks, but you're not. The cabins are the best of both a hotel and a campground. You will get daily mousekeeping(they even do the dishes), can park 1 car right at your site, your cabin has a large deck with a picinic table and a grill(they will even clean up the grill). The deck is a great place for coffee in the A.M. or to relax in the P.M. Inside the cabin has 2 double beds(1 is the murphy) and a set of bunks, 2 TV's, a fully equiped kitchen including dishes and silverware/cookware. The one dowside some people find is only one bath, but most families can work that out. My vote of course would be the cabin, but I have been staying at FW since before I can remember, my parents say since it first opened in 1971.
    Maggie

Beth Stran is offline A-Ticket holder
    In my opinion - FWR is the only place to stay. I just returned my my 11th stay at WDW (7 at FWR). Yes the cabins sleep 6, we've even done it with all 6 being adults - I don't recomment it (I was the one who slept on the couch), but its possible.

After you've stayed there, you know what to expect and what you'll need. If you have wheels, Goodings is that expensive for groceries. There is also a Publix (cheaper) down 535 a little further. Once you learn the back road, getting in & out is simple.

Where are the trees? We love the escape from hustle-bustle in the evening. And there still is some privacy at night, but breakfast on the deck is very public. My son has sent my photos to Lou, maybe he can get us an answer. But its still THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The cabins are gorgeous! The murphy bed is a double bed. There is plenty of room for everyone! Enjoy!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!