Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Christmas Question in the Ask The Experts forums; My family and I are trying to plan a vacation in November, when all the Christmas decorations are up. I was wondering if anyone here knows when they start with ...
    xtina is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Christmas Question

My family and I are trying to plan a vacation in November, when all the Christmas decorations are up. I was wondering if anyone here knows when they start with the decorations, so we could plan our trip accordingly. We've never been there during Christmas and we're really exicted about it! Sorry if this is a stupid question. I checked the website but I couldn't find anything except that Very Merry Christmas started on Nov 13th. I assume that's the day they start with the decorations but I just want to make sure. Thanks for any input!

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    They start doing it the first week of November. A couple weeks into November they should be closed to done. They usually are.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Yeah, last year we were there on halloween and the following week. If I remember correctly, they started putting things up the day after the last MNSSHP. By the time we left on Nov 4, they had gotten a good start to some Christmas decorations, ie. trees at AK and MK, greens hanging all over Mainstreet, some lights at MGM, some stuff at Downtown. I called this year to check on when resorts would be putting up the gingerbread houses and they told me probably the day after Thanksgiving.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

xtina is offline A-Ticket holder
    thanks so much. we're planning on going the weekend of Nov 10th so it seems like almost all the decorations will be up by then.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Almost all will be up. At least most of the big stuff.