Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pop Century in the Ask The Experts forums; I was wondering if people could post what they know, experienced about the Pop Century resort. Fun facts, best building to be in, what's there and anything else would be ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Arrow Pop Century

I was wondering if people could post what they know, experienced about the Pop Century resort. Fun facts, best building to be in, what's there and anything else would be GREATLY appreciated!

I just booked it for my trip in March (all star music was booked) so I need some information about it for my son's Disney Travel Journal.

Thanks in advance for all your help! :mickey:

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Well I will look though all my other posts and drop you the link to them here. Many of us here have stayed at Pop. I was there for the first two nights it was open as well as again in Feb of this year and loved it.

I posted about a hundred pics here in tha gallery. Feel free to look at them and the others that have been posted.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...ry.php?cat=522

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I was in Pop Century from July 30-August 3 and thought it was alright. It's no Port Orleans Riverside that's for sure. It was loud (and that takes a lot for me to say since I'm 18 and used to loud things) into the wee hours of the night. I was awaken several nights around 2-3 sometimes later by people playing games in the hallway and the pool (which was suppose to close at 12 but people never got out). I was in the 80's building right by the giant walkman on the second floor. The overall resort was alright but you won't find me staying there again. If you can afford it, I highly suggest looking into Port Orleans Riverside.

I hope this helps you some and if you have any further questions feel free to ask.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

flutter is offline Moderator
    I was at Pop Century July 15-21st. I stayed in the 50's building behind Tramp, we were on the lake side so not right near pool and we had no trouble with noise. It was also fairly close to the Main building. We did not have a car but I have heard of some complaints about the parking being too far from buildings, we did ride with friends one day and didn't think it was that far from us maybe other sections of the resort are further away from their parking. We didn't spend alot of time at the resort, I will be staying there agin in Dec and hope to check it out more while there. The lobby has alot of old memorabilia and was fun to look at. There is the foodcourt and store in one large area and there is an arcade. I have only stayed at the value resorts in the past and I enjoyed it. I'm sure it doesn't compare to a moderate or luxury resort. It is bigger than the all-stars and has more pools, aside from that it is much like all-stars as far as the rooms and such. I'm sure you will have a great time

Tracy

Robinkay6573 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I stayed at Pop in February in the 60's section. We never had problems with noise even though the resort was at capacity when we were there. Originally I was booked for a standard room but when I changed my reservations I had to book a Preferred room so I could get the CM rate. One advantage Pop has over the All Stars is that groups will generally not be staying there. Most of the groups (if not all of them) are booked at the All Stars (I heard this first hand from two different CM) so there probably won' be hordes of teenagers roaming around the grounds like at All Stars.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinkay6573
    Most of the groups (if not all of them) are booked at the All Stars (I heard this first hand from two different CM) so there probably won' be hordes of teenagers roaming around the grounds like at All Stars.
    Pop does have its fair share of groups. More do currently stay at AS's because it is more well known where as Pop is still very new and not known widely.