Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Character Dining?? in the Ask The Experts forums; What do you think is the best Character Dining and why? What kind of food was served?...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Arrow Character Dining??

What do you think is the best Character Dining and why? What kind of food was served?

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've eaten at the Garden Grill (Epcot), Crystal Palace and Liberty Tavern (Magic Kingdom). They all serve American-type food- chicken, steak, seafood... The food has always been good, and the experiences have been great! I'm planning on going to Chef Mickey's next summer with my two nephews (5 and 7 y.o.)- heard lots of good things about it! :mickey:
    George

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Garden Grill was one of my favorites, though we haven't been in a couple of years. We would go for a very late lunch/early dinner, and it would be empty - plenty of character time. The food was served family-style - a skillet of chicken, steak, and catfish (really yummy), plus a separate kid's plate.

'Ohana has a very nice family-style breakfast, again less crowded and less rushed. It's nice to not have to get up to get food from the buffet, especially when you have little kids along.

The Cape May Cafe breakfast was nice, too. Minnie hung out at the entrance while other characters made the rounds in their beachwear. That was a buffet, with a lot of choices.

Crystal Palace was nice to see Pooh & Friends, but they interupt their rounds of the tables to do a silly song & dance thing. It happened to occur just as Tigger was getting to our table, and after the parade around the restaurant Tigger was not his bouncy self when he got back.

My favorite character restaurant no longer exists: The Soundstage at Disney-MGM Studios (where Playhouse Disney Live now is). It had the widest assortment of characters - and a lot of them at a time. The one at Hollywood & Vine was fun, too, but they no longer have character meals there.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Crystal Palace for lunch. Garden Grill is next on our list to try.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I did really enjoy Chef Mickey's. Great selection and plenty of Characters. Donald's Breakfastasaurous -sp- was decent. basic buffet and Donald and the gang. Have not tried GG yet.