Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Dinner in the Parks in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi all !!!! Here's a question - With all the great eateries in the parks , how come Disney doesn't come up with a way to allow guests to go ...
    grodz19 is offline A-Ticket holder

Dinner in the Parks

Hi all !!!!

Here's a question - With all the great eateries in the parks , how come Disney doesn't come up with a way to allow guests to go into the park just for dinnner - how about an after 5:00 admission dinner and a few rides ???

I have mentioned this to a few cast members but didn't get much of a response. Anyone else want to eat in Mexico with out having to spend the day in a park ???

Jeff

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I suggest $19.99 (adult) $9.99 (under 10) admission after 6pm. Not bad, right?
    George

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by huskybear
    I suggest $19.99 (adult) $9.99 (under 10) admission after 6pm. Not bad, right?
    On our trip last year I asked about this. It was about 6PM after we checked into our room, and I decided to NOT pay full price for a few hours. If they had this option, I would have dined in Epcot that night. Instead, I went to Downtown Disney for dinner.

I know 6 Flags used to offer a after 5PM rate.

Now I got an AP, so I don't care.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    On our trip last year I asked about this. It was about 6PM after we checked into our room, and I decided to NOT pay full price for a few hours. If they had this option, I would have dined in Epcot that night. Instead, I went to Downtown Disney for dinner.
    I bet a lot of people do just what you, (and I), do. Once you've checked into your room, especially if it's after 4 or 5pm, rather than spend $50 for park entrance, or use a full day's admission on your park hopper, why not go check out Downtown Disney... maybe Disney planned it that way... maybe that's why they don't offer discounted admission... they want people to eat and shop at Downtown Disney... Clever..
    George

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    There is an after 4 admission to Epcot for Florida residents. Or there used to be.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Disney obviously doesn't do that because they know that a vast majority of people (especially those with children) will use a full day of their pass and go to the parks as soon as they get there, even if it's late in the day.

Plus, if you are on-property and have a package, your length-of-stay pass takes effect as soon as you arrive, so your first day is already factored in, whether you enter the park at 9 a.m. or 6 p.m.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Are there that many people who stay on site that use the park hopper passes? Our experience has always been that the UPH or length of stay pass was a much better bargain. If I were in charge of Disney admission (which I'm not, but a girl can dream) I wouldn't offer an after six rate. The UPH and AP's (with their room discounts) encourage people to stay on site. That is just good marketing strategy. The easier you make it for off site guests, the more off site guests you are going to have. (I shudder at the thought of staying off site myself.)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I have had UPH passes before, which were good for us at the time, as we knew we'd be back to WDW again and again. However, once I did the math, I knew that an AP was the way to go for both of us. I was fortunate enough to find a CM who was kind enough to let us "trade in" our old passes (as we had many) for credit towards an AP. They normall don't do that, but my wife put on the charm and we used the whole "baby's first time" song and dance/sob story. It worked!

The rul eof thumb is - if you're going to be at WDW parks more than 7 days in the span of a year, the AP is the way to go. Not jst for the ticket prices, but for what you'll save on the accomodations, too. And don't forget about the discounts on food and merchandise in DD!! World of Disney, here we come!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

We usually go once a year and not always within 51 weeks of each time. We would end up having to get PAP's because of the amount of times we go to Disney Quest, Pleasure Island, and the water parks. That is one reason UPH's work for us. We can go to Disney Quest and Pleasure Island every night after the parks close (and they always close early during the off season when we like to travel).

Staying off site is a popular option for many people, especially once you factor in the high cost of staying on property during peak season, (or if you have pets, like me and don't want to kennell them). So far, I've only purchased parkhopper passes because the unused days never expire, so if I visit the parks 3 or 4 times during my vacation, I know that I still have several days admission left to use later on in the year, or many years later.
    George

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    They do have the after 4pm available for Epcot still. Though you do have to be a Fl resident. This did come from the same reason mentioned: food.