Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fastpasses? in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm really confused on how to get a fastpass? I know what they are lol ,but i'm reading their ..free? Am i reading right? I alwasy remember paying money for ...
    FerretDeprived is offline A-Ticket holder

Fastpasses?

I'm really confused on how to get a fastpass? I know what they are lol ,but i'm reading their ..free? Am i reading right? I alwasy remember paying money for them when e first got them(but i think when we did get them it was a fairly new thing, not many people were doing it).

I was planning on buying it wether free or not ,but i'm so confused.

Thanks!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    FastPass is - and always has been - free.

FastPass is available on select attractions in each park. Look on the park's guidemap to find which ones have FastPass.

Basically, you go to the attraction that offers FastPass, and look for the FastPass Distribution kiosks there. You insert your park admission ticket (which may be a paper ticket if you are not staying on property, or may be a plastic credit-card style card that is also your room key if you are staying at a Disney resort) into the slot on the kiosk, and you receive your FastPass, which is a small paper ticket with a return time on it. Each member of your party must get their own FastPass if they are going to go on that attraction.

The return time is usually a one-hour long window, and you can return any time during that hour to the FastPass Entrance for that attraction. You will then have little or no wait to ride.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Oh you came to the right source.

Basically, a Fastpass is a new technology that allows you to bypass time in lines. When you get to a ride that offers this technology (don't worry, all the major attractions do), simply look to the sign that says "Fastpass Distribution." There you will see a row of machines. No need to be intimidated, simply slip in your park ticket into the slot, and the machine will pop back your ticket, with a small slip of paper. This paper has printed on it, a time window (example: 7:10 - 8:10) on which you may return to the attraction and be allowed to enter the Fastpass line for the attraction. This line is usually a 5 minute to no minute wait. In the meantime, you can go around to less crowded ventures or grab a bite to eat. However, you can not get a fastpass for another attraction while you have one on your person.

It's a pretty good technology, and I highly recommend it.

This is a picture of a fastpass:
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

FerretDeprived is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lol! Thanks fo the info ,but i've dealt with them before, i just don't remember them being free.. maybe it was because i wasn't the one handling the money. Lol But thank you! Everyones so helpful(and fast!) here.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If you have frequented the "other" park, you might have had to pay for their version of a fast pass. There's an older thread that asks DWT members how they would feel about paying for fast pass. You don't have to read too many threads to get the general concensus.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.