Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Advice needed about park tickets/cost! in the Ask The Experts forums; hello all - i just found out that my husband is going on a business trip in May (8-11th) and is going to be staying at The Dolphin, and has ...
    JenBoehm is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Advice needed about park tickets/cost!

hello all - i just found out that my husband is going on a business trip in May (8-11th) and is going to be staying at The Dolphin, and has invited me to go with! Needless to say I'm ecstatic, as I did not expect to be able to go back to Mouseville for a few years as we just spent a major family vacation there this past may. anyway, the advice i need is this: hubby is going to be stuck in a conference all daytime until probably 4 or so mon-wed. are there tickets i can get somewhere that are discounted for the parks (i.e. 1/2 price after 3 p.m.) since he would only be able to be there a few hours each day? or are we stuck paying full price? i doubt and have not seen anywhere that Disney lets you but a discounted ticket for entry nights only, but thought if anyone knew this stuff you all would. i know also from our most recent trip at that time that the park hours are very limited.........any advice would be much appreciated. thank you!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Jen,

First, let me say WELCOME to the forums!! I'm sure you'll find some great advice and people here! Take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Now, on to your question...

Disney does not offer half-day tickets, unfortunately. Your husband may be able to get discounted tickets due to the conference, and there are other alternative discounts as well (Florida resident, AAA, etc.)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Thumbs up ~I hate to correct the Master~

~Hi and Welcome!~

I'm copying a link here for you, it's a trip report that says conventioneers can get special park hoppers or what they called "after 2" park tickets. Check it out...
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hreadid=655341

HTH
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe
    ~Hi and Welcome!~

I'm copying a link here for you, it's a trip report that says conventioneers can get special park hoppers or what they called "after 2" park tickets. Check it out...
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hreadid=655341

HTH

Lou is technically correct, to the general public there is no such thing as an "after 3" ticket. He did state that there was special convention tickets availabl, such as the one you give an example of.

For Florida residents, there is an "after 4" ticket available for Epcot. It is mainly for people who want to have dinner at Epcot
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My brother and sister-in-law went to a convention there and they received passes as part of the convention "package". You may want to see what the company is going to do before you go out and buy tickets.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Some of the conventions get pretty good deals on tickets (tailored to the convention schedule - such as those after-2 type tickets)... I agree with checking into this.

In any event, know in advance what you will do for admission. If you are buying them, doing so in advance through AAA, or even just from WDW with the advance prices, is less expensive.

JenBoehm is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow thanks all of you for your help! i knew you'd all have the answers. I appreciate it!!! Jen

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Welcome!

As has already been said, just check with his convention group and see what they have worked out with Disney.