Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Names on CM Name Tags in the Ask The Experts forums; I was going thru my WDW pics the other day and noticed that one of my favorite CMs at EPCOT has had three different names (Bob, Arthur, and Mark) on ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Names on CM Name Tags

I was going thru my WDW pics the other day and noticed that one of my favorite CMs at EPCOT has had three different names (Bob, Arthur, and Mark) on his name tag in the last three years. I know it is rumored that name tag trading is done by CMs at WDW, but I was wondering how common is it and how long has it been going on. Also, is this practice condoned by Disney? Any other insights will be grrreatly appreciated.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was talking with a CM in the Christmas shop in Liberty Square while we were there and he was wearing a tag that said Mark but his name was Dan. I said, "You forgot your name tag today, didn't you?" He said, "Yep, we aren't allowed to work without one so they have extras for us to use if we forget ours." That might be what happened with your CM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    If a CM loses or forgets their name tag they have a bunch of extras for them to use. A CM website has a thread on the funny ones ppl have ended up with (a very Irish looking young man wearing one with Jose-for example)

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    or when we all get in a team effort we all switch with the other and then say it's a different way to spell our real name...we love to confuse our guest...some of the time...they confuse us so we return the favor...(nametag says mike...cm says "no you have it wrong m.i.k.e. is the new way to spell patrick...hahalol)
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Kimberly Button is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's true, there is a big bin of name tags that cast members can use when they forget theirs. It kind of plays with your mind for the rest of the day, though, when guests look at you and say your "name". For a split second, you have no idea who they're talking too!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I fully agree with you on that Kim.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom