Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pal Mickey questions.... in the Ask The Experts forums; I know this may be old but I have not been to disney since 2002 and I am going Feb 10 2007. But either way here is my question My ...
    Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Pal Mickey questions....

I know this may be old but I have not been to disney since 2002 and I am going Feb 10 2007. But either way here is my question My fiance (spelling sorry) really wants a pal mickey for when we are down there I was reading that he has been retired?!? Is this true or is just the 50th ann. one that has been. I guess my 2nd question is Is there going to be a new one when we get there in feb? thanks in advance

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    this is now a 3rd editon, I got a 50t ann. when I was there in August, it's cute, didn't give as many time tips as we thought it would, but there were always funny jokes and he pointed out things we didn't notice by our 7th day we left him in the resort because we learned all of his jokes. I liked him, and I'll upgrade to the 3rd gen. when I go back in December,

50th ann. is great, so far no real difference between 2 and 3, so you'll probally be able to find on on ebay.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

also palmickey.net has more info and photos

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

moulds is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That new one is cute, does anyone know how long it will be out till.
    Don't miss out on the fun....
    Join The WDW FANS CLUB!!!!
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/fo...9948#post259948

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    While on the subject of Pal Mickey, I was wondering if anyone here would recommend getting one? It seems like it would be a hassle to have to carry him around all over the parks? But who knows... I do want one very badly but everytime me we go my mom tells me I am too old I am not! Maybe I'll get him for Christmas! But anyway, back to my point, could someone tell me if getting a Pal Mickey is worth the money, which I'm sure it is, but I just want to make sure.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Pal Micky is it worth it.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Depends if you like to tote hime everywhere on your trip. Do you want him to get wet on the trip and do you like to hold him up to your ear to listen to him when he speaks.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lol... that doesn't sound very positive, but I suppose you are correct. Taking him on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids would not be a good idea. It could be a pain in the butt, but maybe I'll get him just to have him for days when we go to say Epcot or MGM.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    so is there a new one?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    From what I was told you can not just get him for a few days any more it is buy him only no more rent a mickeys
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

Gen 3 will be out until the next celebration, probally. I had no problem hearing my pal mickey and was there during Ernesto and bought him a poncho. We didn't take him to the park everyday, but it was quite entertaining. He's okay if he gets wet, just don't leave him in the pool. I didn't even notice the weight of him.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have the early generation PalMickey from 2004. He originally came with a clip that hooks on a belt, but I am short-waisted and he fell off my belt on MS. (I got him back before leaving the ride, but that was a close call.) I made a harness that connects on my belt. He is difficult to hear in the park and I find him heavy to tote. I usually take him once or twice, but not everyday. I think you can buy PalMickey a poncho of his own to keep him dry and clean.
    Last edited by mini-V; 10-18-2006 at 05:21 PM. Reason: grammar
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Actually, HCOE Pal Mickey was the 3rd generation. I had 3 different versions at one point. I traded in the original for the 2nd one because it was acting up. I then purchased a HCOE one later.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I like our Pal Mickey, but eventually I did get tired of carrying him. But I was also toting around toddler gear and the toddler (even with the stroller). Mickey ended up riding in the basket alot. He was fun to have in Epcot. We actually just put new batteries in him last week so we could play with him.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I have to agree with some of the above posts... Pal Mickey is totally worth it. He "downloads" updates so if you're like me and still have the first generation version, you still get to hear new stuff each time you go. I didn't get tired of carrying him because I clipped him to my pocket. The only "groan" related to him is that sometimes he will tell you the same joke many many MANY times depending on where you are in the parks and it can become a little old.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJen View Post
    He "downloads" updates so if you're like me and still have the first generation version, you still get to hear new stuff each time you go.
    That is not true! I have a mickey from the first week he came out, and mine doesn't tell me about expedition everest, soarin' or any of the new rides. I brought him to VMK central to get updated so that he would get all these new jokes and updated ride info, but nothing happened, and i was told i would have to buy a new one for that, so just fyi ppl
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast