Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Carrying bags... in the Ask The Experts forums; Could someone help me out on packing for a day at any of the parks (MK, AK, EPCOT, MGM)? I'm a pretty avid amusement park goer and I have this ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Carrying bags...

Could someone help me out on packing for a day at any of the parks (MK, AK, EPCOT, MGM)? I'm a pretty avid amusement park goer and I have this sling type bag that I usually use when I go to parks. It has one strap that goes across my chest and everything is carried in one zipped up compartment. (It looks just like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Bodyglove-Cingul...QQcmdZViewItem ) That way I always have things like my wallet, ID, and camera on me. It's also handy because of the way it's designed if I'm riding on something that moves around a lot or even goes upside down, I can keep my stuff on me and I know I won't loose it because it's strapped to me and it's being forced to be secured between my back and the seat. (Tell me if I'm not explaining it well ) So my question is this, would this be a good choice for me to use in the parks? If I do use it, will I be forced to keep it in a locker when I ride stuff? I read in a book that you should keep your stuff in a locker or give your stuff to someone in your party who isn't riding when you are (which won't be a possibility since there's just two of us). I just keep thinking that keeping stuff in a locker will be somehow inconvenient. If I want something out of it I'll have to keep going back to the locker which could be really time consuming. Is there anyway around this delima? Like I said, please let me know if I didn't explain myself very well. Thank you very much! ~Rachel

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I think that bag would be fine, I always carry a small backpack and just place it at my feet on rides. I've never had a problem before!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I bought a bag like that recently especially for the parks, so I think it should work out fine. I can't think of any ride that you couldn't bring it on, I use to go on rides with alot more baggage then that and never really had a problem.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Great to know! Thank you so much!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    That bag looks like it wouldn't be that uncomfortable to wear for a day at the parks.

After talking with the guys at the security checkpoint during our last trip, they said that if everyone had clear bags, there would be no need to open all the bags and look inside. Security would go much faster. I'm going to start looking for one for our next trip.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    That bag looks comfy and functional. At disney, you won't have to put your things in a locker (there aren't any besides in the water parks, I think!) and I always carry a small backpack around without losing it. (knock on wood) Just know that if you go to Universal/IOA, you are going to have to put your things in a locker for a ride. I'm not sure about anywhere else though.

Good bag choice!
    Tina

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    That bag looks comfy and functional. At disney, you won't have to put your things in a locker (there aren't any besides in the water parks, I think!) and I always carry a small backpack around without losing it. (knock on wood) Just know that if you go to Universal/IOA, you are going to have to put your things in a locker for a ride. I'm not sure about anywhere else though.

Good bag choice!

Each park has lockers near the entrance. The only time I really utilized the lockers is when we were staying all day and night and maybe needed warmer clothes for later on, or back in the day when I had to lug the BIG camcorder and got tired of carring it, that's the kind of stuff I used the locker for.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You shouldn't have a problem with that bag, though you probably wouldn't want to over-stuff it. Some of the rides have "cargo pockets" to hold your stuff, others you just put the bag on the floor in front of you. I carry a string backpack all the time in the parks.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL...you can always go the route of fanny pack...lol

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    I always have a small bag with me and never have a problem. I just put it by my feet. On rides like Rock N Roller coaster I just put my foot through the strap so I know it won't go anywhere.

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    I have the Baggallini messenger and I love it!!! It is super lightweight and comfy!
    Mine is in periwinkle and my daughter wants this lime green one http://www.bagsbuy.com/s.jsp/br_Bagg...2/sbstl_285133

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Uratoon! I have seen that bag before, in fact I just ordered one for myself in turquiose. It's got a quite a few more slots and spots to hold stuff so I thought it might be an improvement over my current bag. It should be here by Halloween

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    My wife has a Disney Mickey Mouse Sling bag that We got at the park and it is fine on all the rides. We too have just the two of Us and can't leave it with anyone else while We are riding and seem to manage just fine.:-)
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I usually use a small backpack and find that if it's not over-stuffed, it will fit into holders in the front of the seat. The purse I am using tonight, instead of the backpack, is very much like what was pictured in green. I'm sure you'll find that either of these styles will work fine. I like to keep my belongings in front of me as well so I know where everything is and who is and is not getting into the bag. The phone holder on the strap makes a great spot for storing a camera that can be accessed quickly for those unexpected shots. I like the idea of a clear bag, but I also am not that excited about having my wallet or valuables in clear view.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Uratoon! I have seen that bag before, in fact I just ordered one for myself in turquiose. It's got a quite a few more slots and spots to hold stuff so I thought it might be an improvement over my current bag. It should be here by Halloween

I hope you like it as much as I like mine!! In fact for our next trip I will be ordering 2 more. I use my current one as a diaper bag (it is great for that too).
    I want the green one and my daughter wants the orange one. I thought that would be easy to spot!!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast