Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Castle repainting...pink? in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by BamaJen Doesn't look pink at all to me in that shot... Oh and I have to ask... ok what's with the 6 girls and 1 guy thing? ...
    PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJen View Post
    Doesn't look pink at all to me in that shot...

Oh and I have to ask... ok what's with the 6 girls and 1 guy thing? He just lucky?
    LOL he's actually my Big's (third from the left) brother..not in APO yet. So it was technically 6 "brothers" who are really girls of APO..and since he IS a brother of an APO, and is planning to pledge next semester, we decided he could wear the shirt..confused yet? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun View Post
    I would like to add that i joined up with them later...so the two of us were very lucky!!!
    You better say that!!!!

LOL just kiddin

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    if anyone wants to see more castle pics, I posted them on my trip report in the respected section...
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by alalune042 View Post
    some pics I took saturday...

(it won't let me post a pic since I posted it in another thread...?)
    Anybody have any idea why there is a green globe glowing in one of upstairs windows of Alalune's picture???

Maybe it's Walt's ghost!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That looks like it would be in the windows to the new castle suite
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

My lovely boyfriend woke me up this morning with the following exact text:

"Just met a castle designer with imagineering...CASTLE PERMENANT!!! He sounded not 2 thrillled with it 2 and said 2 write letters!! I will call after work"

Sooo..there you have it, folks. It's not primer..it's permanent. So get out your ink and paper and get to writing if you feel the need!!

I'm sure he'll post later..or I might be the one being his ghost writer as he's about to spontaneously combust on his drive home while talking to me about it!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    It was a little peachy-pink to me, I prefer the plain old color it was before but as long as the castle itself looks the same, I can live with it.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918 View Post
    My lovely boyfriend woke me up this morning with the following exact text:

"Just met a castle designer with imagineering...CASTLE PERMENANT!!! He sounded not 2 thrillled with it 2 and said 2 write letters!! I will call after work"

Sooo..there you have it, folks. It's not primer..it's permanent. So get out your ink and paper and get to writing if you feel the need!!
    Maybe it'll fade.... quickly? LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    When I was there on Saturday, the Castle had me quite puzzled.. that huge crane towering behind it was such an eyesore. But thats part of living in Florida I guess, haha. As for the color, I like it better when it was multiple shades of blue. That's how I remember it, that's how I want it to stay lol
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    Anybody have any idea why there is a green globe glowing in one of upstairs windows of Alalune's picture???

Maybe it's Walt's ghost!!!
    It might just be because of the angle or sun...or something. But at night there were lights turned on up there. I guess they were working on the suite?
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I keep looking at these pictures and I just don't see the pink everyone else seems to see. This debate reminds me of the titrate project my husband had to do in chemistry lab. All the people in the lab kept saying, "Is it pink yet".
    I went back to #258 and that pic does have a pinkish tone to the top of the castle.
    Last edited by mini-V; 12-14-2006 at 09:32 AM. Reason: addition
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Yes mini-V that pinkish hue or tone is what everyone is talking about, it seems evtremly subtle to me, and it really dosen't bother me I think it looks fine, and when trying to see it from the point of view of those who are quite upset about it the thing that most seemed to help me "get there" (to thier point of view) was trying to look at it from the point of view of the former paint scheme of "our" castle (MK @ WDW) as being much more individual and seperate in style from that of the castles of the "Disneyland parks" (DL DLP and DLHK) as this paint scheme with the light pink tones has been used on thier Sleeeping Beauty style Castles, again , that said, after taking a few steps in the shoes of those who don't like this change this is one change where it's particularly easy for me to step back into my own shoes, it just does not upset me at all.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Aloysius is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was looking through some on my old pics and I found a few of the Castle from May 2001. The current color looks like a throwback to that time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Castle repainting...pink?-20010529048-2.jpg   Castle repainting...pink?-20010529049-1.jpg   Castle repainting...pink?-disney01.jpg  

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    i doubt it... Why would they do that... Doesnt Disney know that WDW and Disneyland castles need to be different... If they do this... We will be worse off with Iger then Eisner... God i hope this doesnt happen
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819