Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Castle repainting...pink? in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by ToddBreakey Is it really vandalism if you are returning it to the way it is supposed to be?? I'll dress in a Mickey shirt and carry three ...
    turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    Is it really vandalism if you are returning it to the way it is supposed to be??

I'll dress in a Mickey shirt and carry three cameras and a fanny pack. I should blend right in.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Hey guys-

Before we band together with our torches and paint brushes to rush the castle...let me just tell you something.

When I saw the Castle yesterday, it was not like a "WOW, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?" color scheme, rather, "Geez, I have to really squint to look at it..could it be? Yeah, maybe it is...hang on, gotta call Paul" color scheme. The stone remained the EXACT SAME color, and the parts of the castle that were gray were what I would describe as a VERY pale peach-stone color...it was NOT "in your face" like the *shudder* Cake-stel..and it very well could have been the lights, as I was there about 2 hours before sunset.

That said, I like it..of course, in the words of Aerosmith and Shelby from Steel Magnolias "PINK is my favorite color!"

I wouldn't go up in arms just yet. It's more of a tasteful accent color more than anything (if it is for real).

Deep breath, folks!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I like the color pink, but not for this. Please tell me they aren't going pink on the castle? Haven't they learned?!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I will be dressing in all gray, so as to blend in with the original parts left! (How I will be repainting the pink parts without standing out, I haven't got to that yet )
    Tina

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    You know, i've determined I need to use the Disney paint to paint my house just so when people say "what color is this?" I can just go "Oh, well that's Winnie the Pooh's Honey Yellow" or something.

Anyway, as long as it's not bright pepto-bismol pink because that was just... gaudy and I wanted it to go away forever. As long as they don't make it into a pink cake again, I think i'll be able to stomach it. If not, one of us just needs to win a night in the castle room, invite everyon eelse, and we'll paint it at night... but we'll paint it tie-dye or something...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    Who's with me?!?!?!???!??!!??!?
    I'll be your huckleberry.

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We were at WDW Oct. 17-21, and the paint scheme of the castle (Painting was in progress.) was gray and peach/cream.

If you want, check out a couple of my photos. You'll notice two different shades of peach paint.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=12950&cat=509

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=12951&cat=509

Yes, this is how it was yesterday. It looks so mismatched right now...like they couldn't decide which one so just left both colors on the castle and gave up.
    Tina

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Yep, took the words right out of my mouth. Although, it looks a lot peach-er in a few spots on the picture. It wasn't that obvious when I saw it--must have been the angle.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918 View Post
    Hey guys-

Before we band together with our torches and paint brushes to rush the castle...let me just tell you something.

I wouldn't go up in arms just yet. It's more of a tasteful accent color more than anything (if it is for real).

Deep breath, folks!
    That's all well and good, but I'm getting the paint mixed just in case!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston
    If you're not with us, then you're against us!!!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    gaston.....I am all for torches and ransaking the Imagineering Team...but please let me find out what is going on and try to see the concept art for the new paint....and then we can make the call. I am a firm believer of keeping good things the same...but i also know that progress cannot be stopped...so let me see what i can find out and i will get back to you guys.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Don't you wish you could make people answer their voicemails! lol Too keep the village safe and quiet!

I'm still not stopping this rage if it is indeed, pink.
    Tina

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I have a hard time believing they would make the castle completely pink again. Maybe just a small accent color or something. If they do make a WHOLE pink castle again, i'm with y'all
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun View Post
    gaston.....I am all for torches and ransaking the Imagineering Team...but please let me find out what is going on and try to see the concept art for the new paint....and then we can make the call. I am a firm believer of keeping good things the same...but i also know that progress cannot be stopped...so let me see what i can find out and i will get back to you guys.
    Ok Ok Ok, I'll tell Home Depot to put a hold on the 250 gallons of Cindy's Castle Gray that they are making for me.

But they will be on stand by and should have the paint mixed within a couple of hours of notification!!

I'll be waiting for your signal.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast