Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Castle repainting...pink? in the Ask The Experts forums; give me back my blue and grey......no pink...I don't want sleeping beauty's castle at WDW and that's all it makes me think of...
    tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    give me back my blue and grey......no pink...I don't want sleeping beauty's castle at WDW and that's all it makes me think of

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Is Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland painted in this scheme?

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Ok guys...I will try one more time to call my guy and see what i can get out of him but from the pictures...it's gunna be here for a while...call Home Depot back and put them on red alert...I can't sleep...and have been hyperventilating about this....not good.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Deep breaths, deep breaths...

You'll see it tomorrow!!...er, today!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    OH MY! Not pink again. At least its not pepto bismol pink again. And I don't see any sign of candy. If they keep it subtle like that, we shouldn't hyperventilate too much.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

I just got a phone call from Paul and Mandy. Paul say's that the somebody needs to get to Home Depot quick and pick up some castle grey paint! He call's the new color a "faded salmon color" and say's that people should be worried! Mandy say's she likes it and it's more of a "pale peach stone color". There you have it folks! No more confusion now! Mandy is going to send a photo to my cell phone after they finish riding PotC. Have I mentioned today how much I hate the two of them?!?! Just kidding! Love them...hate that they are at the MK without me!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun View Post
    Ok guys...I will try one more time to call my guy and see what i can get out of him but from the pictures...it's gunna be here for a while...call Home Depot back and put them on red alert...I can't sleep...and have been hyperventilating about this....not good.

This just has me ! Paul you are too funny. I hadn't even seen this thread until you called! Breathe in.....breathe out....breathe in.....breathe out!

They just called again....they were standing in front of the castle and Paul is taking this pretty bad. I just received the picture on my cell and I have to say....it isn't pink, but unless they are going to finish painting it all the way down I don't think it will look good. The top of the castle looks mismatched to the bottom. I would call the color maybe.... terra cotta. I do not have a cable to hook my cell up to my computer or I would share the photo with you guys. I told Mandy to be sure to upload a photo when she get's home.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Hahahahah, all this commotion is cracking me up. It's like a CIA op getting ready to unhatch. Shh....
    Tina

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Thanks Melis for posting for us...guys...it's really bad...whoever said that you can hardly see the color...yeah...is blind!!! It is not Walt Disney World's Castle....it is some representation of ALL OF THE OTHER CASTLES!!! I left another voice message for my guy in charge of this project and I'm trying to find out if it's permenant or not.....THIS COULD REALLY HURT MY BELIEF IN THE COMPANY...that they could do something this hidious!!! Everytime we passed it today all i could do was hyperventilate and think i was in Maeficents nightmare (Dream along with Mickey) Guys...I am thinking up a plan of action but cannot do anything until I hear back from the engineering team (THATS RIGHT I CALLED THEM ENGINEERS INSTEAD OF IMAGINEERS!!!! AFTER THIS THEY LOSE THEIR TITLE!!!). Oh my gosh...deep breaths....it really hurts to look at it!!! I will keep you posted!!!

I WANT MY PLAIN OLE GREY CASTLE BACK!!!!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    head -> desk.

It's really not that bad!!!!

And I'm sure it's just for the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. They wouldn't do something this drastic permanently!....

...I hope.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Reading all this - which has been fun - makes the castle look really bad!!

I am eagerly awaiting some photos from somebody - anybody - so that we can see what is going on!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I just can't believe they just snuck the color in. I don't want just any other Disney castle-- I want CINDERELLA'S BLUE CASTLE!!!!

And I laughed pretty hard at the Malificent's Nightmare comment- SO TRUE.
    Tina

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I read on another board that the "peach" is primer for a dark blue overlay....

Lou can you.......all mighty trivia king.......please find out if that's true????

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tacey View Post
    I read on another board that the "peach" is primer for a dark blue overlay....

Lou can you.......all mighty trivia king.......please find out if that's true????
    i could see this being true, because all the icons for YoaMD is dark blue and people have been finding the Fab 5 in blue outfits. I kinda hope not, I don't want to fill my scrapbook with blue pages.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast