Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Castle repainting...pink? in the Ask The Experts forums; I still want the HCoE castle back....
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I still want the HCoE castle back.
    They call me "Nana"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by tacey View Post
    I read on another board that the "peach" is primer....

Okay, that's a possibility, especially if they are trying to produce a more realistic 'stone' look. Every faux-stone painting technique I've seen on HGTV requires an undertone and then the addition of additional colors on top of it.

Please post the photos soon! Very curious to see what's going on! Unless you're busy giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to Paul (Breathe, buddy!), then I'll wait patiently until you're done.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I'm working really really really really hard on getting my camera phone to transfer the pic. The links in previous posts post a better set of pics of the castle than I have, but I'll post it when the pic comes through (if it ever does)

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I was really looking forward to being able to see it in it's original state in December. I am very disappointed.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Okay, I just showed my 6 year old daughter the pics and she LOVES it. What 6 year old girl wouldn't love something pink, though?
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918 View Post
    I'm working really really really really hard on getting my camera phone to transfer the pic. The links in previous posts post a better set of pics of the castle than I have, but I'll post it when the pic comes through (if it ever does)

I disagree Mandy...I think that the color's show up much better on the picture you sent to my phone. Unless maybe my screen on my phone is just better than my laptop I could definitely see the difference between the bottom and the top of the castle much better on your photo, so I'm really hoping you'll be able to post it for everyone. BTW....is Paul done with the paper bag I lent him?

LOL idk if he'll EVER calm down over it..after a while, I began to feel sorry for him, against my better judgement

Ok..here's the picture. I sent it to my yahoo email account, and it only shows me a little tumbnail..it won't let me open it up in another program. (it comes up as a .bin file...help anyone??) I also tried emailing to my aol account, which I've done before, and it should be here in 24 hrs..but the quality should be MUCH MUCH MUCH better when I get that one.

SO for the time being, y'all will have to settle for the cruddy quality of this picture. However, you can see the color difference. Pardon the pixie dust!
    Last edited by PinkTink918; 02-01-2007 at 02:43 PM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    whoa. I'm on my way to Home Depot. Are those white rooftops, or just really reflective???

Got my rollers and brushes ready.... hope that really is a primer coat, or we'll be having a new 'repaint the castle meet' at MouseFest.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    whoa. I'm on my way to Home Depot. Are those white rooftops, or just really reflective???

Got my rollers and brushes ready.... hope that really is a primer coat, or we'll be having a new 'repaint the castle meet' at MouseFest.

So... Paul won't be getting arrested by himself then?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post

REALLY REALLY reflective..one of the aspects that Paul and I agree on...they're WAY too shiny and I really hope that fades SOON.. he said it should. It's really not that bad, folks! In fact, I think it looks a lot more drastic in the picture than in real life!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Quote Originally Posted by MousekeTodd View Post
    We were at WDW Oct. 17-21, and the paint scheme of the castle (Painting was in progress.) was gray and peach/cream.

If you want, check out a couple of my photos. You'll notice two different shades of peach paint.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=12950&cat=509

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=12951&cat=509
    I was there 18 - 23

so that's what they were doing..
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    So... Paul won't be getting arrested by himself then?!?!?
    Maybe I won't be shaking my head on Main Street...maybe I'll just stay at the TTC in the Wally Mobile and wait till he calls me from the Orange County Jail and go bail him out.

Note to self: hit up the ATM before driving boyfriend to WDW to do illegal things to the Castle.

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    dear god let's hope that's primer, that looks AWFUL

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918 View Post
    Note to self: hit up the ATM before driving boyfriend to WDW to do illegal things to the Castle.

Note to Mandy: DON'T drive him...you'll be an accessory!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast