Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Would I get in trouble if... in the Ask The Experts forums; Would I get in trouble if I perhaps took a pair of 3D glasses as a tiny souvenir from a show? I would even ask for permition!...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Would I get in trouble if...

Would I get in trouble if I perhaps took a pair of 3D glasses as a tiny souvenir from a show?

I would even ask for permition!

Remember, Dreams Come True!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    If you hide them, I don't think they care. Think about how many of those must get taken out! But, I guess If you asked and the castmember was nice they'd let you.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Technically it is stealing from Disney when you take anything that you are not suppose to take. The worst they would do is confiscate the glasses.

IF you asked permission and permission was granted by an employee who has the power to do so then there would be no problem. Getting permission from a janitor would not count as it would have to be from a ride attendant.

Churchy now hides all of her Disney souvenirs, lol.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    If you hide them, I don't think they care. Think about how many of those must get taken out! But, I guess If you asked and the castmember was nice they'd let you.
    Then when Disney raises prices yet again because of all the pilferage you willbe yelling and screaming
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 11-02-2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: finished off statement I was trying to make :)
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    Technically it is stealing from Disney when you take anything that you are not suppose to take. The worst they would do is confiscate the glasses.

I don't know, I don't think that is the worst thing they could do.... they could throw you out of the park/parks!

I have read stories of people being accused of things that were not even true and being thrown "Off-property" So if you were staying onsite you could even lose your rooms. Granted the charge was a bit more than taking bug-eyes.

But, seriously, why do something that really, in all honesty, is stealing from Disney?

Afterall... if they wanted guests to take the glasses, they would be paper glasses, right?

JMHO YMMV
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    If you really want a pair of 3-D glasses I suggest going to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D. Why? Since you pay for the glasses, after the movie you get to keep them!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    my science teacher last year was granted permission to take a pair for educational purposes. It was sumthin about polarized vision i think. so i guess if u say it's for "educational purposes"....
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

stealing and lying....the American way

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    You can buy similar glasses on-line for a couple of dollars, so why take the chance of getting caught stealing a pair!?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Here is the link to the company that makes them for Disney: http://www.3dglasses.net/polarized%203D%20Glasses.htm As you can see it only costs $3 + S&H to own your own "offical" Disney glasses.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 11-02-2006 at 10:06 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Lucky is offline A-Ticket holder
    I guess that depends on how Disney looks at theft of park property....

and on your parents.

If you were my kid, I'd make you take them back and apologise to Park Management then you would be grounded for quite a while.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    lol well mixed results but nothing too reprimanding
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    stealing and lying....the American way

This made me Though the thought of this has crossed my mind, I would feel shame for the rest of my life. Stealing from my favorite place? I couldn't do it... although it seems they steal quite a bit of my income
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    If you really want a pair of 3-D glasses I suggest going to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D. Why? Since you pay for the glasses, after the movie you get to keep them!

Lol... great idea! But I think they want the glasses because they're from WDW... hehe. This does give me the idea to ask a cast member next time I am there! I want a pair, too! Heck, I would even pay for them.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Nah, be a good sport and just kindly return those glasses to the bins on the way out (the nice CMs aren't there just for the sake of smiling and waving goodbye, after all).

There have been a couple of occasions where I've noticed 3-D glasses prominently carried around the parks quite a hike from their respective shows, and quietly pulled the wayward youths aside and persuaded them to relinquish the specs. Nothing harsh, honest--genuinely gave them the benefit of the doubt (very generous of me), and made sure the glasses either got turned in to a CM, or personally returned to the show.

(In case you were wondering, the halo's in the mail.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast