Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Annual pass & Disney World in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey there everyone! I come seeking adventure and salty old pir.. advice from those of you who are Disney Experts! I am returning to WDW (Specifically EPCOT center) this weekend ...
    disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!

Question Annual pass & Disney World

Hey there everyone! I come seeking adventure and salty old pir.. advice from those of you who are Disney Experts!

I am returning to WDW (Specifically EPCOT center) this weekend since April. It feels like forever for me since I live in Tampa. I hadn't scrounged up the cash until now to get going again and just in time for the end of the F & W Festival.

My first question is regarding the Annual Pass. This is my first annual pass ever. I had a Seasonal for 5 years, I decided to make the leap since I will soon be relocating out there for my job I bought my ticket online last night. My question is does the year take affect on the day I pick up the ticket from Will Call or the day I made the purchase? I could swear the answer is the first choice, but I would just like a solid answer.

Also.. it has come to my attention that this weekend will be insanely crowded at the parks. According to the reservation line, the hotels on property are completely booked (scary thought, huh?) My question is, should I be prepared for stands running out of food at the F & W festival? I have been in the past, but never on a weekend so crowded and have never had to wait in lines longer then 5 minutes. I know I will be waiting on lines, that is not a problem. I just know the rest of the group will be really upset if this is the case(about the food stands running out of food, not so much the lines ). If anyone has any tips on how I can strategize this day as best as possible, please let me know. And one more thing, should I not count on getting on the new Nemo ride? There's always next time, of course. Thank you in advance everyone!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    If you purchased a voucher online, then the expiration date will be one year from when you activite it at a Guest Relations window. If you purchased an activated pass, it expires one year from the date you purchased it.

Does you pass say voucher or does it have an expiration date?

Once you have your AP/PAP, read the booklet that comes with it. There are often places you can get discounts.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    This weekend is going to be insanely busy at WDW because there is so much going on besides the last weekend of F&W. Super Soap Weekend is at MGM, and Festival of the Masters is at DTD. Plus Monday opens the first MVMCP, Osborne Lights, and the holiday parades at MGM and AK.

Whether this will translate into mobs at Epcot, I don't know, but at least a good chunk of the crowds should be at MGM.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends is in soft-opening status, so it may or may not be open at any time. Finding Nemo: The Musical at AK is also in 'rehearsals' that you may be able to go see.

Have a great time!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Does you pass say voucher or does it have an expiration date?
    Neither, what I have is a ticket order confirmation which I bring to will call upon my arrival. It doesn't say anything about when it is effective, that's why I thought I'd ask

Thank you for the info Disney Dame I completely forgot about SSW, but Festival of the Masters doesn't ring a bell. Could you explain what this is? Also, I thought The Seas with Nemo and Friends was open to those with DVC memberships and Passholders. Is this incorrect? Let me know, thanks again, you guys are great
    Jackie O.

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyvixen View Post
    Thank you for the info Disney Dame I completely forgot about SSW, but Festival of the Masters doesn't ring a bell. Could you explain what this is? Also, I thought The Seas with Nemo and Friends was open to those with DVC memberships and Passholders. Is this incorrect?
    Festival of the Masters is an event at Downtown Disney - a huge outdoor art show. More info can be found here: http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/festmast.htm

The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends had its AP/DVC preview days already, and now is open to anybody if it is running.

Glad to help!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyvixen View Post
    Neither, what I have is a ticket order confirmation which I bring to will call upon my arrival. It doesn't say anything about when it is effective, that's why I thought I'd ask
    Sounds like you have a voucher then if there is no expiration date. I think you can only purchase activated AP/PAPs at guest relations. I've been buying my PAPs at guest relations lately and prior to that I had a voucher from the Disney Store, which no longer sells them.

More info on AP/PAPs:
    http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I wouldnt worry about Disney running out of anything... if anyone if prepared for packed houses its Disney!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Thanks again Pat My mom is an artist, I'm sure she would love that!

Thanks to you too Manda. My confirmation/exchange slip says that I need to go the Will Call window to pick up my ticket. I went once with a friend of mine who ordered a seasonal pass online, I remember where this is located, I just don't remember the whole "Activation" process. I will get in touch with her.

Living in Tampa, I've been to Disney quite a bit. I don't doubt Disney wouldn't be stocked, I'm just a pessimist Thanks again everyone
    Jackie O.

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi,
    Did you purchase the pass new or as a renewal upgrade?
    If it's a renewal it starts on the expiration of your old pass.

I just found that out last weekend,
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

Quote Originally Posted by Boater View Post
    Hi,
    Did you purchase the pass new or as a renewal upgrade?
    If it's a renewal it starts on the expiration of your old pass.

I just found that out last weekend,

It is new and I purchased it online. I have to exchange the will call certificate I printed at the will call window
    Jackie O.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Festival of the Masters is an event at Downtown Disney - a huge outdoor art show. More info can be found here: http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/festmast.htm

The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends had its AP/DVC preview days already, and now is open to anybody if it is running.

Glad to help!
    Be sure to stop by the booth for AP holders at the Festival of the Masters on the 11th and 12th of Nov. Look for two great cast members and tell them some friends from England say hello.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Not that this matters since it is the weekend, but this weekend IS insanely crowded at Epcot... all three parking lots were full... it was insane.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Actually I was there as planned from opening to closing and I didn't think it was crowded at all. I waited a max of 6 minutes in each line for food and we waited no longer then 10 minutes for any of the rides (except for The Seas with Nemo and Friends. This line was about 30 minutes and was WELL worth it!)
    Jackie O.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I purchased my annual pass online and received a voucher. The expiration was set to exactly one year from the day I turned in the voucher for the pass.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thank you Jen I love the new pass designs.
    Jackie O.