Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss MYW Base Ticket Usage in the Ask The Experts forums; ok Experts, a little help please... my parents bought 5 day and 4 night Magic Your Way Base Tickets. then they dropped this in my lap with a list of ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

MYW Base Ticket Usage

ok Experts, a little help please...

my parents bought 5 day and 4 night Magic Your Way Base Tickets. then they dropped this in my lap with a list of stuff they want to do. I'm having a bit of a problem with scheduling, since they have the Base Tickets and not the Park Hopper passes.

the only way I can see out of the conundrum is this:

the day they get down there (my wife and I will already be down there), we're going to Epcot to eat dinner at the Coral Reef (which will use one day of their tickets). the next day we will be returning to Epcot for a full day (one more day).
    now, here's the root of my question:

the next day after that, we will be going to AK for the day. being as there is no table service in the AK, I was wondering if we could use up one of their day and "park hop" (so to speak) to Epcot to eat dinner. this, to my estimation, should be possible, even though it would cost two day's worth of tickets.

they won't be needing the extra day on their tickets, as they will be leaving early in the morning on the 5th day.

so, to recap/simplify:

Day 1: Epcot evening
    Day 2: Epcot all day
    Day 3: Animal Kingdom for the day, Epcot for dinner
    Day 4: MK all day
    Day 5: departure

will this work?

thanks!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    as far as im reading it, it sounds like you will be able to do that.
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Wouldn't they consider that park hopping? Aren't base tickets one park/one day? I think you can go in and out of the same park on the same day but not go to another park. Maybe see how much it would be to upgrade to the park hopper. If its only a few days, it probably won't be that bad and then you can go and eat wherever you want.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Unfortunately, they do not allow you to do what you are proposing, even when you're willing to use 2 days worth of tickets on the same day.

May I suggest dining at Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or even the Rainforest Cafe at AK for dinner that evening instead? If you've never tried Boma, it would be a great opportunity.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    well, it's not for me, it's for my parents. but yes, I've tried Boma, and I agree that it is great, but my folks wouldn't like it.

I have some other Resort restaurants in mind, though.

thanks for the help

If we can dream it, we can do it

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Technically, that would work, but the computer would not let you use two days in one day. Since its the year of a million dreams maybe yours could be to use two days in one. Doesn't hurt to ask a CM at Guest Relations.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You can only use 1 day at a time. you can add park hopper to their tickets at any guest relations.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'd just make it simpler and eat in DTD... they have many wonderful restaurants to choose from there and it would safe a lot of money you would be wasting otherwise
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    Technically, that would work, but the computer would not let you use two days in one day. Since its the year of a million dreams maybe yours could be to use two days in one. Doesn't hurt to ask a CM at Guest Relations.
    Technically, it WON'T work. You'll be denied entry to the second park you attempt that day. The Great Disney Computer knows all.
    -- Eric